Cannot open Control Panel

March 5, 2005 5:01:01 PM

Whenever i try to open the control panel i get an error that says windows
explorer has encountered an error and needs to close. This only happens
whenever i try to open control panel. I have formatted my hard drive and
reinstalled windows xp twice and i have also scanned for viruses, trojans,
spyware and everything else that i can think of. I scanned my drive and it
came up with no errors on the drive. I checked the Event Viewer and this is
what is says under the description of the error.

"Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0 2900.2180, faulting module
shell32.dll, version 6.0.2900.2578, fault address 0x0002ac20."

Source: Application Error
Event ID: 1000

More about : open control panel

Anonymous