Freshman Q re: Ancestral Mask

Maybe this is a silly question, and I apologize in advance.

Ancestral Mask
Color= Green Type= Enchant Creature Cost= 2G MM(C)
Text (MM): Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 for each other enchantment in play.

Ok, so two Ancestral Masks cast on the same creature while 2 other enchantments
are in play. This creature would get +6/+6 or +12/+12?

LBradH <lbradh@aol.commmono> wrote:

> Maybe this is a silly question, and I apologize in advance.
>
> Ancestral Mask
> Color= Green Type= Enchant Creature Cost= 2G MM(C)
> Text (MM): Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 for each other enchantment in play.
>
> Ok, so two Ancestral Masks cast on the same creature while 2 other
> enchantments are in play. This creature would get +6/+6 or +12/+12?

Enchant creature A gives +6/+6 to the enchanted creature. (Maybe it's
an Ancestral Mask when 3 other enchantments are in play, maybe it's an
Empyrial Armor controlled by someone with 6 cards in hand, maybe it's an
Exoskeletal Armor when 6 creature cards are in graveyards.) Enchant
creature B gives +6/+6 to the enchanted creature. If both enchantments
are on the same creature, why would it end up with anything other than
+12/+12?

And if you find someone who really thinks the answer to your question is
+6/+6, ask them what happens if enchant creature A gives +6/+6 to the
creature and enchant creature B gives +5/+5 to the same creature?

(Hmmm... I see the rules define +X/+Y only for counters.)
--
Daniel W. Johnson
panoptes@iquest.net

LBradH, worshipped by llamas the world over, wrote...
> Maybe this is a silly question, and I apologize in advance.
>
> Ancestral Mask
> Color= Green Type= Enchant Creature Cost= 2G MM(C)
> Text (MM): Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 for each other enchantment in play.
>
> Ok, so two Ancestral Masks cast on the same creature while 2 other enchantments
> are in play. This creature would get +6/+6 or +12/+12?

+12/+12. There is no reason for them not to both apply, so they both
do. Magic has no "bonus type" rules like D&D that govern what stacks
with what; generally speaking you just add everything up.

LBradH <lbradh@aol.commmono> wrote:
>Ancestral Mask
>Color= Green Type= Enchant Creature Cost= 2G MM(C)
>Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 for each other enchantment in play.
>
>Ok, so two Ancestral Masks cast on the same creature while 2 other enchantments
>are in play. This creature would get +6/+6 or +12/+12?

+12/+12; each AMask sees three other enchantments in play, and each one gives
enchanted creature +6/+6.

Dave