DVDRW Dual Layer not registering in WinXPSP2

Configuration:
IDE Secondary Channel:
Master: LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW 812S
Slave: LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW 1633S (New Install)(Dual Layer)
SiS 5513 IDE UDMA Controller (Driver: siside.sys)
(Error: Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but
cannot find the hardware device (code 41)

I checked all the conections and they are right, & I even put a new IDE
cable in. I checked the new DVDRW on another computer and it works fine. been
trying to troubleshoot it for 3 days and downloaded updated drivers for
everything conected with it and still can't get it to work. on a limited
buget so I can't aford a better DVDRW drive.
--
GraayWolf (DESPERATE JONESING GAMER)

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"GraayWolf" <GraayWolf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Configuration:
> IDE Secondary Channel:
> Master: LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW 812S
> Slave: LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW 1633S (New Install)(Dual Layer)
> SiS 5513 IDE UDMA Controller (Driver: siside.sys)
> (Error: Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware
> but
> cannot find the hardware device (code 41)
>
> I checked all the conections and they are right, & I even put a new IDE
> cable in. I checked the new DVDRW on another computer and it works fine.
> been
> trying to troubleshoot it for 3 days and downloaded updated drivers for
> everything conected with it and still can't get it to work. on a limited
> buget so I can't aford a better DVDRW drive.
> --
> GraayWolf (DESPERATE JONESING GAMER)

Is the jumper configuration setup properly for that PC, your installation
guide for both should tell you how.

Try switching slave/master settings between the two, and see what happens
(or just use the one, that would be telling too).

Also, it is possible that you are not seating it all the way into the
connection that exists in the PC in question, or the connection itself may
be bad.

Try the two drives on different IDE Channels.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"GraayWolf" <GraayWolf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Configuration:
> IDE Secondary Channel:
> Master: LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW 812S
> Slave: LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW 1633S (New Install)(Dual Layer)
> SiS 5513 IDE UDMA Controller (Driver: siside.sys)
> (Error: Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware
> but
> cannot find the hardware device (code 41)
>
> I checked all the conections and they are right, & I even put a new IDE
> cable in. I checked the new DVDRW on another computer and it works fine.
> been
> trying to troubleshoot it for 3 days and downloaded updated drivers for
> everything conected with it and still can't get it to work. on a limited
> buget so I can't aford a better DVDRW drive.
> --
> GraayWolf (DESPERATE JONESING GAMER)

I did asystem restore to a point 2 days before the installation and
everything is working fine now, something must have gotten deleted somehow
???? I've found out the hard way that sometimes running tweeking software can
mess things up when I'm not careful. I had done a Registry clean the day
after thet point. I don't know if that was the problem because the old DVD-R
Drive & the DVDRW (812S) worked fine until I installed the Dual Layer drive.
Well it's working great now. Thanks for the advise. Just douled my DVD
collection.
GraayWolf

"Tom" wrote:

> "GraayWolf" <GraayWolf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Configuration:
> > IDE Secondary Channel:
> > Master: LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW 812S
> > Slave: LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW 1633S (New Install)(Dual Layer)
> > SiS 5513 IDE UDMA Controller (Driver: siside.sys)
> > (Error: Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware
> > but
> > cannot find the hardware device (code 41)
> >
> > I checked all the conections and they are right, & I even put a new IDE
> > cable in. I checked the new DVDRW on another computer and it works fine.
> > been
> > trying to troubleshoot it for 3 days and downloaded updated drivers for
> > everything conected with it and still can't get it to work. on a limited
> > buget so I can't aford a better DVDRW drive.
> > --
> > GraayWolf (DESPERATE JONESING GAMER)
>
> Is the jumper configuration setup properly for that PC, your installation
> guide for both should tell you how.
>
> Try switching slave/master settings between the two, and see what happens
> (or just use the one, that would be telling too).
>
> Also, it is possible that you are not seating it all the way into the
> connection that exists in the PC in question, or the connection itself may
> be bad.

TRENDING THREADS