I'm looking for confirmation on this. Can you legally pull a "Taiga" out of
your library when you sac a "Wooded Foothills" to use its ability? I'm
thinking yes, but just wanted to make sure there were no loopholes I was
missing.

,----[ Oracle ]
| Taiga
| Land -- Mountain Forest
|
| Wooded Foothills
| Land
| {T}, Pay 1 life, Sacrifice Wooded Foothills: Search your library for
| a Mountain or Forest card and put it into play. Then shuffle your
| library.
`----

Yes. Wooded Foothills lets you search for any card with type Mountain
or Forest. Taiga happens to have both. You could also pull out a
Badlands, Plateau, or any other land with one of those types.

--
Peter C.
"This specification allows any of these approaches. Solving the

On 24 Jul 2004 01:07:35 GMT, LBradH <lbradh@aol.commmono> wrote:
>I'm looking for confirmation on this. Can you legally pull a "Taiga" out of
>your library when you sac a "Wooded Foothills" to use its ability? I'm
>thinking yes, but just wanted to make sure there were no loopholes I was
>missing.

Yes. This effect says to search for "a Mountain or Forest card", _not_ for "a
basic Mountain or basic Forest card". So can find seven of the ten original
dual lands (as well as two of the five snow-covered lands from Ice Age, which
_are_ basic lands where the dual lands are +not+).

Dave