did MS get out of the wireless router business?

I was thinking of upgrading my mn 500 to whatever MS made that was 11 b/g (I
think that was the mn 700) until someone told me that MS was completely out
of the router business now. Is this correct?

Any recommendations on an upgrade path for a wireless router that would be
easier to administer, and more secure, than the usual offerings?

thanks.

Chip
3 answers Last reply
More about wireless router business

    Hi,

    That's correct, Microsoft is no longer in the broadband networking business.

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    "Chip Orange" <acorange@worldnet.att.net[removeme]> wrote in message
    >I was thinking of upgrading my mn 500 to whatever MS made that was 11 b/g
    >(I think that was the mn 700) until someone told me that MS was completely
    >out of the router business now. Is this correct?
    >
    > Any recommendations on an upgrade path for a wireless router that would be
    > easier to administer, and more secure, than the usual offerings?
    >
    > thanks.
    >
    > Chip

    They got out of the networking business about 7-8 months
    ago. I tried upgrading to G products from other vendors,
    but they didn't seem to have the reliability and speed
    they advertised, so I bought a G router and G network
    cards on Ebay. My system works perfectly, and I'm
    streaming live TV, video and music over my home network.

    Good luck,

    April, 2004.
    In memory of a true friend, Windows MVP Alex Nichol

    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
    Associate Expert

    "renzo" <kherbert082@rcn.com> wrote in message
    > They got out of the networking business about 7-8 months
    > ago. I tried upgrading to G products from other vendors,
    > but they didn't seem to have the reliability and speed
    > they advertised, so I bought a G router and G network
    > cards on Ebay. My system works perfectly, and I'm
    > streaming live TV, video and music over my home network.
    >
    > Good luck,

Routers Wireless Router Hardware Microsoft Networking