did MS get out of the wireless router business?

Last response: in Networking
March 13, 2005 3:46:31 PM

I was thinking of upgrading my mn 500 to whatever MS made that was 11 b/g (I
think that was the mn 700) until someone told me that MS was completely out
of the router business now. Is this correct?

Any recommendations on an upgrade path for a wireless router that would be
easier to administer, and more secure, than the usual offerings?

thanks.

Chip
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 4:06:10 PM

Hi,

That's correct, Microsoft is no longer in the broadband networking business.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"Chip Orange" <acorange@worldnet.att.net[removeme]> wrote in message
news:o 6caWS$JFHA.2764@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I was thinking of upgrading my mn 500 to whatever MS made that was 11 b/g
>(I think that was the mn 700) until someone told me that MS was completely
>out of the router business now. Is this correct?
>
> Any recommendations on an upgrade path for a wireless router that would be
> easier to administer, and more secure, than the usual offerings?
>
> thanks.
>
> Chip

Anonymous
March 15, 2005 11:41:20 PM

They got out of the networking business about 7-8 months
ago. I tried upgrading to G products from other vendors,
but they didn't seem to have the reliability and speed
they advertised, so I bought a G router and G network
cards on Ebay. My system works perfectly, and I'm
streaming live TV, video and music over my home network.

Good luck,

Anonymous
March 15, 2005 11:50:21 PM

April, 2004.
In memory of a true friend, Windows MVP Alex Nichol

Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
Associate Expert