Sign in with
Your question

Wireless Router

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
June 14, 2010 8:43:38 PM

Hello,
I have a Linksys Wireless N router with an adapter I used for my old computer Windows XP. I just bought a new computer with Windows 7 and the power light won't even come on when I plug the adapter in and it says it doesn't have internet connection -- what do I do?

More about : wireless router

a b $ Windows 7
June 14, 2010 8:51:46 PM

First make sure that your wireless router is compatible with Windows 7 - http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-...

If it is compatible, you may need to update the adapter's driver (updating the driver can solve the problem of missing or failed drivers, as well as outdated ones). To do so, log into the administrator account, and follow these steps:

1. Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.‌

2. Double-click Network Adapters, right-click your adapter, and then click Properties.

3. Click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver.

Hope this helps!
Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach
m
l
a c 401 $ Windows 7
June 14, 2010 11:40:24 PM

Go to the linksys site and lookup the newest driver for your adapter,because sometimes windows update is a little behind!
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 15, 2010 6:27:00 AM

Quote:
Hello,
I have a Linksys Wireless N router with an adapter I used for my old computer Windows XP. I just bought a new computer with Windows 7 and the power light won't even come on when I plug the adapter in and it says it doesn't have internet connection -- what do I do?

You may need to use an alternate computer to download the appropriate driver or hardwire into the modem (LAN) and use Windows update to find a driver for the Wireless Adapter.

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team
m
l
!