Problems

How do I fix Regisrty? I have 737 Problems. Can someone walk me through this/
5 answers Last reply
More about problems

    You're not serious. You have 737 problems in the registry and you expect
    someone here to bother to give you 737 different instructions when you have
    yet to even list all 737 problems.

    Better get busy telling us all 737 problems - one at a time.

    "Nutthouzz57" <Nutthouzz57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How do I fix Regisrty? I have 737 Problems. Can someone walk me through
    > this/

    Nope. Take it to a professional

    Who told you ther registry had "737" problems??
    Better ask them to tell you how to fix them.
    Better yet, just junk it and get a new on !

    "Nutthouzz57" <Nutthouzz57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How do I fix Regisrty? I have 737 Problems. Can someone walk me through
    > this/

    737 Problems, how did you come to this idea?

    --
    EasyFeelings
    A+

    "When your computer is working good, That's an EasyFeeling"

    Nutthouzz57 wrote:
    > How do I fix Regisrty? I have 737 Problems. Can someone walk me through this/

    To fix problems caused by the Registry, one uses Regedit.exe.

    What makes you think that you have Registry problems? Exactly what
    specific problems are you experiencing? Where did you come up with such
    a peculiarly specific number? Did you use one of the many much-vaunted,
    little-understood, and generally dangerous automated Registry cleaners,
    many of which are no more effective than snake-oil?

    The registry contains all of the operating system's "knowledge" of
    the computer's hardware devices, installed software, the location of the
    device drivers, and the computer's configuration. A misstep in the
    registry can have severe consequences. One should not even consider
    turning loose a poorly understood automated "cleaner," unless he is
    fully confident that he knows *exactly* what is going to happen as a
    result of each and every change. Having seen the results of
    inexperienced people using automated registry "cleaners," I can only
    advise all but the most experienced computer technicians (and/or
    hobbyists) to avoid them all. Experience has shown me that such tools
    simply are not safe in the hands of the inexperienced user.

    The only thing needed to safely clean your registry is knowledge
    and Regedit.exe. If you lack the knowledge and experience to maintain
    your registry by yourself, then you also lack the knowledge and
    experience to safely configure and use any automated registry cleaner,
    no matter how safe they claim to be.

    Further, no one has ever demonstrated, to my satisfaction, that the
    use of an automated registry cleaner, particularly by an untrained,
    inexperienced computer user, does any real good. There's certainly been
    no empirical evidence offered to demonstrate that the use of such
    products to "clean" WinXP's registry improves a computer's performance
    or stability.

    What specific problem are you experiencing that you *know* beyond
    all reasonable doubt will be fixed by using an automated registry
    cleaner? If you do have a problem that is rooted in the registry, it
    would be far better to simply edit (after backing up, of course) only
    the specific key(s) and/or value(s) that are causing the problem. Why
    use a shotgun when a scalpel will do the job? Additionally, the
    manually changing of one or two registry entries is far less likely to
    have the dire consequences of allowing an automated product to make
    multiple changes simultaneously.

    I always use Regedit.exe. I trust my own experience and judgment
    far more than I would any automated registry cleaner. I strongly
    encourage others to acquire the knowledge, as well.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm