Video card problem, help plz

lethal33

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2003
I just cant get my geforce 4 mx440 to work properly, when i check on my cards status windows xp says it works fine but it also says it is using an pci slot(not agp which i put it in). besides i get terrible low scores in 3dmark 2001 compared to others with the same graphics card and cpu speed.
I have the latest detonator drivers. I got the latest ami bios v1.3. i also have the latest inf drivers for the mainboard(msi 865PE Neo2-fisr) that is the latest chipset driver available. I installed the mainboard chipset drivers and then after that i reinstalled the detonator driver but that didnt fix the prob. Does the video card have a bios which the detonator dont upgrade? Does it have a bios at all? And if so how do i reinstall the videocard bios, i cant seem to find it anywhere on the web if it exist....help me plz

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by lethal33 on 07/05/03 10:32 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

lethal33

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2003
All i find in the mainboards bios is under "PNP/PCI Configurations" there is this: "Init. Graphics Adapter Priority" in which i can choose between 2 options: AGP/PCI or PCI/AGP. Tested both settings but the problem didnt change. Then i found something under "Power Management Features", ie this: "Recall VGA BIOS at S3 Resuming" in which i tested both enabled and disabled but it didnt change the problem either.

To be exact its says this under properties of the card(I run windows xp in swedish so probably my translation isnt the best):
Place: PCI-bus 1, unit 0, function 0
doesnt sound good :(