Dieing 9500 Pro

MIXPIX

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001
hey

Twice now i got this error
----------------------------------
Windows - System Error

Microsoft Windows detected and reconvered from a device failure. Please save your work and reboot to restore full functionality.
----------------------------------

My screen will flicker. Then i end up in 640x480 with 4bit color with a diolog box up that says that message above. I restart and it works fine.

What is the deal with that?

Its a 9500 pro running the CAT 3.5's on a win xp pro system.

thanks for any help you can offer

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
join the "I busted my ATi card so now i'm using a GeForce 4 Ti4200" group it consists of

GW- Leader
Phial- first member lol

Proud Owner the Block Heater
120% nVidia Fanboy
I'd get a nVidia GeForce FX 5900Ultra... if i had the money and if THEY WOULD CHANGE THAT #()#@ HSF

MIXPIX

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001
Arg, i dont want it to be dead! its not that old! Im not sure if its dieing or if its just a driver problem or something....is it defiently dieing?

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
haha yah

its hilarous that me and GW both have to use a TI4200 now

i was going to make a thread about it actually

-------

<A HREF="http://www.quake3world.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001355.html" target="_new">*I hate thug gangstas*</A>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Send it to me, I'll underclock it to make it stable and use it in my system. I've been on a Radeon DDR forever, even a heavility underclocked 9500 would be a vast improvement.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
You know what I hated about my 9500Pro?, it's really petty of me, but all of the capacitor's on my card were those cheap plastic-coated generic ones like they use on the knock off brands. I hate those ugly things. My card was built by ATi too. All of the nVIDIA card's I've owned have had the nice aluminum ones on them. I know it doesnt affect the performance, but when the inside of your case looks as good as mine does :wink: you appreciate and want a good looking card.

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
hehehehehe told you guys the looks of the Cards are very important (pats sumo wrestler on the back)

Proud Owner the Block Heater
120% nVidia Fanboy
I'd get a nVidia GeForce FX 5900Ultra... if i had the money and if THEY WOULD CHANGE THAT #()#@ HSF

MIXPIX

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001
What is it then? is it a driver problem? a hardware conflict?

maybe i can use this as an excuse to get a 9800 pro....

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It's probably either a driver problem, heat problem, or voltage problem. But I'd gladly let you assume it's a bad card and send it to me as a donation. In fact, I'll even pay shipping. Heck, shipping is about all I can afford!

If it's bad, I'll underclock it to make it stable, and be happy! And if it's good...I'll tell you it was bad anyway, just so you don't ask for it back!

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

I'd just like to mention once again that the capacitors aren't as big an issue with the 'coolness' of your case as the Daisy-Window on the side of it. :tongue:

Mmm Barbie computer, but Butch Barbie! :cool:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil: