NT AUTHORITY/ SYSTEM

:(
Hi Guys
We use windows xp home ed. After surfing a coulple of min. a box pops
up stating shutdown was initiated by nt authority/ system remote
procedure call terminated. and the computer shuts off than back on.
With a 1 minute countdown.
I have searched the net and noticed that this may of had something to
do with the Blaster worm.
However i have carried out a full security scan using my upto date
security software as well as an independent scan of my system using
the Norton security check website.
Further to this i have also tried using the blaster removal tool which
states that no such virus had been found.
I feel i may have done something somewhere along the line.
Help in desperation and replies in simple terms for this computer
simpleton please.
Cheers
Nukemeister

Hi,

Could be blaster, could also be sasser. Either way, you are infected.
Download these, boot into safe mode and run them:

Free virus removal tools:

http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/
http://www.emsisoft.com/en/
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/8/lng/us/tpl/v5/nid/3001#3001
http://www.f-secure.com/download-purchase/tools.shtml

Symantec also distributes many free removal tools that are virus-specific:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/tools.list.html

How to start in Safe mode:
http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Safe%20mode

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"cheekynuke" <cheekynuke@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> :(
> Hi Guys
> We use windows xp home ed. After surfing a coulple of min. a box pops
> up stating shutdown was initiated by nt authority/ system remote
> procedure call terminated. and the computer shuts off than back on.
> With a 1 minute countdown.
> I have searched the net and noticed that this may of had something to
> do with the Blaster worm.
> However i have carried out a full security scan using my upto date
> security software as well as an independent scan of my system using
> the Norton security check website.
> Further to this i have also tried using the blaster removal tool which
> states that no such virus had been found.
> I feel i may have done something somewhere along the line.
> Help in desperation and replies in simple terms for this computer
> simpleton please.
> Cheers
> Nukemeister

Have you disable for firewall for a moment? Have you installed SP2?

"cheekynuke" <cheekynuke@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> escribió en el mensaje news:pZadnYFdpsKTUrffRVn_vg@giganews.com...
> :(
> Hi Guys
> We use windows xp home ed. After surfing a coulple of min. a box pops
> up stating shutdown was initiated by nt authority/ system remote
> procedure call terminated. and the computer shuts off than back on.
> With a 1 minute countdown.
> I have searched the net and noticed that this may of had something to
> do with the Blaster worm.
> However i have carried out a full security scan using my upto date
> security software as well as an independent scan of my system using
> the Norton security check website.
> Further to this i have also tried using the blaster removal tool which
> states that no such virus had been found.
> I feel i may have done something somewhere along the line.
> Help in desperation and replies in simple terms for this computer
> simpleton please.
> Cheers
> Nukemeister

Greetings,

First of all, try scanning your system with your anti-virus program and make
sure you have the latest definations. Secondly, do a Windows Update SCAN.
Thirdly, visit the below links:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-026.mspx
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823980

Best of Luck