marcus

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2001

Hello,

Recently was tricked into installing the Bullseye spyware package which was
imbedded in a arcade game emulator download.

I have managed to delete all of the spyware and disabled them starting up
but I have just one thing to sort out.

I am running Windows Xp Pro Sp2 and since I was hit I am getting an error in
the "System" event viewer which I'm sure (could be wrong) was not there
before, the error is :-

Type-Error Event ID: 7023

error: The authentication service is unknown.

I have hit the more information link buts it's not much help, I just want to
confirm this was not caused by the Spyware infection, would it be possible
for someone to look at their event viewer to see if they get the same error.

Also Do I need the IPSEC Services service and if so how do I go about
repairing it ??

Thanks

Marcus

Go to start/run, and type: CMD, and at the next prompt, type:

netsh winsock reset

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509