File Sharing Problem with Wireless Network

Hey all. I really could do with some help with my network - i'm not an
expert with networks, so hopefully I won't miss any details out here...

There are three computers on the network, Mine, Shop and Laptop. Mine is
the only one with a Broadband internet connection, and the other two share
my connection (set up using the XP network wizard) and this works fine.
However, Mine is not visible to the other two when sharing files or
printers, and I can't see them either. They can both see eachother and
exchange files perfectly.

I have run through the wizard and tried many different configurations, but
it still won't work. All the required network components are installed on
mine, and all three machines have SP2 and the latest drivers.

Thanks.

Jamie

My guess would be that you are using a router for the broadband, and that when you ran the net setup wizard, you chose to use ICS
for connection to the internet. Disable that if your router has a WAN port for the broadband, and it will handle it.

If you do need ICS (internet connection sharing) it assigns IP in the range of 192.168.?.?, and your LAN might be using something
else

If you have all else right, and still fail to share files, it's probably because you have not enabled a network share on that
machine.
Windows XP Professional File Sharing: http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_filesharing/index.htm

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)