Screensaver not starting after set time

Yesterday I noticed that my screensaver was not activiting after the set
time limit (30 minutes in this case). I tried the Preview button in the
screensaver settings window and it works fine. I set the time to one minute
and it came on just fine so I set it back to 30 minutes and nothing happened
after 30 minutes. I tried 5 minutes for the setting and that works fine.
Any ideas as to why it won't respond when I use 30 minutes (or even 29
minutes)? I haven't installed any programs lately but I have Microsoft
Antispyware that automatically installs updates periodically and I have
McAfee Virus Scan Online, which I update twice a week.
1 answer Last reply
More about screensaver starting time

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326719
    Screen Saver May Not Start in Windows XP

    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm#ss
    Troubleshooting Screen Saver Issues in XP

    Michael Seidner wrote:
    > Yesterday I noticed that my screensaver was not activiting after the
    > set time limit (30 minutes in this case). I tried the Preview button
    > in the screensaver settings window and it works fine. I set the time
    > to one minute and it came on just fine so I set it back to 30 minutes
    > and nothing happened after 30 minutes. I tried 5 minutes for the
    > setting and that works fine. Any ideas as to why it won't respond
    > when I use 30 minutes (or even 29 minutes)? I haven't installed any
    > programs lately but I have Microsoft Antispyware that automatically
    > installs updates periodically and I have McAfee Virus Scan Online,
    > which I update twice a week.

Screensaver Microsoft Windows XP