Screensaver not starting after set time

March 6, 2005 1:10:35 PM

Yesterday I noticed that my screensaver was not activiting after the set
time limit (30 minutes in this case). I tried the Preview button in the
screensaver settings window and it works fine. I set the time to one minute
and it came on just fine so I set it back to 30 minutes and nothing happened
after 30 minutes. I tried 5 minutes for the setting and that works fine.
Any ideas as to why it won't respond when I use 30 minutes (or even 29
minutes)? I haven't installed any programs lately but I have Microsoft
Antispyware that automatically installs updates periodically and I have
McAfee Virus Scan Online, which I update twice a week.
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 11:38:52 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326719
Screen Saver May Not Start in Windows XP

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm#ss
Troubleshooting Screen Saver Issues in XP