MTGO league pairing rules

How are league pairings done? I know there's a "paired when ready"
underlying rule, but there must be exceptions.

For example, I really don't think you'll ever be paired against the
same person two games in a row. Even if you and that opponent are the
only two people open for play.

Will you ever be paired against the same opponent twice in one "league
week"? Does it matter whether each pairing is for regular points or
tie-break points? What about being paired against the same opponent in
a subsequent week? If you play someone this week for tie-break points,
does that mean you won't play them next week, even for regular points?

If there is a complete description posted, please let me know.

Thanks,
-Trevor.

Peter posted:
,----[ http://mtgodownloads.wizards.com/mtgo/webhelp/leagues.htm ]
| You can't play the same opponent twice in the same week. In any
| league that awards prizes, you can only play against a particular
| opponent in matches that count towards your league points twice per
| league.
`----

Thanks. That answers my question.
-Trevor.

kentstr04@yahoo.com (TJB) writes:
> How are league pairings done? I know there's a "paired when ready"
> underlying rule, but there must be exceptions.
> If there is a complete description posted, please let me know.

The complete details are of course only known to the developers, but I
can tell you what the help file says:

,----[ http://mtgodownloads.wizards.com/mtgo/webhelp/leagues.htm ]
| You can't play the same opponent twice in the same week. In any
| league that awards prizes, you can only play against a particular
| opponent in matches that count towards your league points twice per
| league.
`----

Does that answer your questions?

--
Peter C.
"Because IP only guarantees best effort delivery, loss of a carrier