malware remover?

March 6, 2005 1:57:01 PM

hi! i downlaoded messenger plus for beta yesterday and it came with "LOP" and
i can't seem to get rid of it. i have a router, avg, lavasoft and zone alarm
and it's just not enuff to get rid of it. i even tried taking it out manually
but it seems like it's running on auto install cos by the time i get rid of
it, it comes back right away and i know cos i check my programs on zone alarm
and it just keeps adding up. i have also tried task manager and msconfig and
i found pingamen.exe on task manager and sva five atom? not really sure what
they are but i know it's nopt part of my system...and my internet explorer
has an extra toolbar now too! ...can somebody please help me....thank you much

More about : malware remover

March 6, 2005 3:58:33 PM

Supposedly the LOP web site has instructions for removal. Since you appear
to be stuck with it I would go there and see if that's true.

"donvital" <donvital@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi! i downlaoded messenger plus for beta yesterday and it came with "LOP"
> and
> i can't seem to get rid of it. i have a router, avg, lavasoft and zone
> alarm
> and it's just not enuff to get rid of it. i even tried taking it out
> manually
> but it seems like it's running on auto install cos by the time i get rid
> of
> it, it comes back right away and i know cos i check my programs on zone
> alarm
> and it just keeps adding up. i have also tried task manager and msconfig
> and
> i found pingamen.exe on task manager and sva five atom? not really sure
> what
> they are but i know it's nopt part of my system...and my internet explorer
> has an extra toolbar now too! ...can somebody please help me....thank you
> much
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 11:57:24 PM

"donvital" <donvital@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>hi! i downlaoded messenger plus for beta yesterday and it came with "LOP" and
>i can't seem to get rid of it. i have a router, avg, lavasoft and zone alarm
>and it's just not enuff to get rid of it. i even tried taking it out manually
>but it seems like it's running on auto install cos by the time i get rid of
>it, it comes back right away and i know cos i check my programs on zone alarm
>and it just keeps adding up. i have also tried task manager and msconfig and
>i found pingamen.exe on task manager and sva five atom? not really sure what
>they are but i know it's nopt part of my system...and my internet explorer
>has an extra toolbar now too! ...can somebody please help me....thank you much

Try Spybot Search & Destroy from http://www.safer-networking.org/

If not then HiJackThis should be able to do it. Start with
http://www.aumha.org/a/hjttutor.htm

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

March 6, 2005 11:57:25 PM

hi ron! thanx for the links you've provided, just wondering though..do i have
to uninstall my lavasoft to install spybot b4 i even start downloading em? if
i ran both of them, is it gonna cause any conflict between the 2 when i run a
scan? so far my comp is still running alright but it's just annoying and it's
a big invasion of privacy i think in my part knowing that somebody else has
access to my comp. and just one more stupid question, what's the purpose of
"them" doing what they're doing right now anyway? i mean do they get an
adreraline rush out of it or do they actually get paid to do this? just
curious...i don't know much about computers, i'd say about average but
obviously not enuff cos i can't get rid of one stupid malware...lol thanx
again

"Ron Martell" wrote:

> "donvital" <donvital@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >hi! i downlaoded messenger plus for beta yesterday and it came with "LOP" and
> >i can't seem to get rid of it. i have a router, avg, lavasoft and zone alarm
> >and it's just not enuff to get rid of it. i even tried taking it out manually
> >but it seems like it's running on auto install cos by the time i get rid of
> >it, it comes back right away and i know cos i check my programs on zone alarm
> >and it just keeps adding up. i have also tried task manager and msconfig and
> >i found pingamen.exe on task manager and sva five atom? not really sure what
> >they are but i know it's nopt part of my system...and my internet explorer
> >has an extra toolbar now too! ...can somebody please help me....thank you much
>
> Try Spybot Search & Destroy from http://www.safer-networking.org/
>
> If not then HiJackThis should be able to do it. Start with
> http://www.aumha.org/a/hjttutor.htm
>

> Good luck
>

> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
> --
> Microsoft MVP
> On-Line Help Computer Service
> http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

March 6, 2005 11:57:26 PM

No need to uninstall, both Ad-Aware and Spybot wiil work well with each
other on your system.

!