Wifi card not recognized

My wifi PC-card is recognized as an unconnected LAN instead of as a
wireless card. How can I change this?

My card is a Belkin F5D6020 ver.2. I downloaded and installed the
drivers from Belkin's web site, then inserted the card and ran the
'Found new hardware wizard'. Any help is appreciated.

Greg
2 answers Last reply
More about wifi card recognized

    Where is it listed as an unconnected LAN
    "Greg" wrote:

    > My wifi PC-card is recognized as an unconnected LAN instead of as a
    > wireless card. How can I change this?
    >
    > My card is a Belkin F5D6020 ver.2. I downloaded and installed the
    > drivers from Belkin's web site, then inserted the card and ran the
    > 'Found new hardware wizard'. Any help is appreciated.
    >
    > Greg

    In Control Panel > Network Connections, the icon shows up with a red X
    through it, and it says "Local Area Connection, Network cable
    unplugged, Belkin 11Mbps Wireless Notebook Network Adapter".

    > Where is it listed as an unconnected LAN
    > "Greg" wrote:
    >
    >> My wifi PC-card is recognized as an unconnected LAN instead of as a
    >> wireless card. How can I change this?
    >>
    >> My card is a Belkin F5D6020 ver.2. I downloaded and installed the
    >> drivers from Belkin's web site, then inserted the card and ran the
    >> 'Found new hardware wizard'. Any help is appreciated.
    >>
    >> Greg

WiFi and Home Networking Belkin Windows XP