Wifi card not recognized

March 6, 2005 6:27:30 PM

My wifi PC-card is recognized as an unconnected LAN instead of as a
wireless card. How can I change this?

My card is a Belkin F5D6020 ver.2. I downloaded and installed the
drivers from Belkin's web site, then inserted the card and ran the
'Found new hardware wizard'. Any help is appreciated.

Greg

More about : wifi card recognized

Anonymous
March 6, 2005 6:27:31 PM

Where is it listed as an unconnected LAN
"Greg" wrote:

> My wifi PC-card is recognized as an unconnected LAN instead of as a
> wireless card. How can I change this?
>
> My card is a Belkin F5D6020 ver.2. I downloaded and installed the
> drivers from Belkin's web site, then inserted the card and ran the
> 'Found new hardware wizard'. Any help is appreciated.
>
> Greg

March 6, 2005 11:46:03 PM

In Control Panel > Network Connections, the icon shows up with a red X
through it, and it says "Local Area Connection, Network cable
unplugged, Belkin 11Mbps Wireless Notebook Network Adapter".

!