Annoying Message At Startup.

March 7, 2005 12:17:05 AM

Hi,

Can anyone help me?

I have an anoying message everytime I start up Windows. (Click link below!)
I used Microsoft's Antispyware to get rid of a program called "Newdot".
But now something is still trying to find "Newdot" during the startup process.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/paulm10/GCS0002....

How do I get rid of this message?

Thanks.
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 12:17:06 AM

"Paul Maskell" <paul@maskell17.plus.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
> I have an anoying message everytime I start up Windows. (Click link
> below!)
> I used Microsoft's Antispyware to get rid of a program called "Newdot".
> But now something is still trying to find "Newdot" during the startup
> process.
>
> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/paulm10/GCS0002....
>
> How do I get rid of this message?
>

> Thanks.

Look in the registry to remove the dll entry

start>run and type

regedit

navigate to the following key

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

-or-

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

in the right-hand pane, locate the entry for the dll file and delete it.

Good Luck

--
William
Anonymous

That cured the problem!
Thank you very much for your help William.

"WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u6Gt%23SpIFHA.1096@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> "Paul Maskell" <paul@maskell17.plus.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can anyone help me?
>>
>> I have an anoying message everytime I start up Windows. (Click link below!)
>> I used Microsoft's Antispyware to get rid of a program called "Newdot".
>> But now something is still trying to find "Newdot" during the startup process.
>>
>> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/paulm10/GCS0002....
>>
>> How do I get rid of this message?
>>

>> Thanks.
>>

> Look in the registry to remove the dll entry
>
> start>run and type
>
> regedit
>
> navigate to the following key
>
> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
>
> -or-
>
> HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
>
> in the right-hand pane, locate the entry for the dll file and delete it.
>
> Good Luck
>
> --
> William

Anonymous
March 7, 2005 1:34:57 PM

> That cured the problem!
> Thank you very much for your help William.
>

> "WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Paul Maskell" <paul@maskell17.plus.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Can anyone help me?
>>>
>>> I have an anoying message everytime I start up Windows. (Click link
>>> below!)
>>> I used Microsoft's Antispyware to get rid of a program called "Newdot".
>>> But now something is still trying to find "Newdot" during the startup
>>> process.
>>>
>>> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/paulm10/GCS0002....
>>>
>>> How do I get rid of this message?
>>>

>>> Thanks.
>>>

>> Look in the registry to remove the dll entry
>>
>> start>run and type
>>
>> regedit
>>
>> navigate to the following key
>>
>> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
>>
>> -or-
>>
>> HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
>>
>> in the right-hand pane, locate the entry for the dll file and delete it.
>>
>> Good Luck
>>
>> --
>> William

You're welcome.