Annoying Message At Startup.

Hi,

Can anyone help me?

I have an anoying message everytime I start up Windows. (Click link below!)
I used Microsoft's Antispyware to get rid of a program called "Newdot".
But now something is still trying to find "Newdot" during the startup process.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/paulm10/GCS0002.jpg

How do I get rid of this message?

Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about annoying message startup

    "Paul Maskell" <paul@maskell17.plus.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone help me?
    >
    > I have an anoying message everytime I start up Windows. (Click link
    > below!)
    > I used Microsoft's Antispyware to get rid of a program called "Newdot".
    > But now something is still trying to find "Newdot" during the startup
    > process.
    >
    > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/paulm10/GCS0002.jpg
    >
    > How do I get rid of this message?
    >

    > Thanks.

    Look in the registry to remove the dll entry

    start>run and type

    regedit

    navigate to the following key

    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

    -or-

    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

    in the right-hand pane, locate the entry for the dll file and delete it.

    Good Luck

    --
    William

    That cured the problem!
    Thank you very much for your help William.

    > That cured the problem!
    > Thank you very much for your help William.
    >

    > "WTC" <bcrawfordjr(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> "Paul Maskell" <paul@maskell17.plus.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone help me?
    >>>
    >>> I have an anoying message everytime I start up Windows. (Click link
    >>> below!)
    >>> I used Microsoft's Antispyware to get rid of a program called "Newdot".
    >>> But now something is still trying to find "Newdot" during the startup
    >>> process.
    >>>
    >>> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/paulm10/GCS0002.jpg
    >>>
    >>> How do I get rid of this message?
    >>>

    >>> Thanks.
    >>>

    >> Look in the registry to remove the dll entry
    >>
    >> start>run and type
    >>
    >> regedit
    >>
    >> navigate to the following key
    >>
    >> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    >>
    >> -or-
    >>
    >> HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    >>
    >> in the right-hand pane, locate the entry for the dll file and delete it.
    >>
    >> Good Luck
    >>
    >> --
    >> William

    You're welcome.