Lost password to Windows User Account Sign On

Is there a way that I can boot around the login password required by Windows
to log onto a user account? I have lost the password.
--
John T. Sullivan
2 answers Last reply

    "John" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a way that I can boot around the login password required by
    > Windows
    > to log onto a user account? I have lost the password.
    > --
    > John T. Sullivan

    Login using the username "Administrator". If using Home, boot to safe made
    and log in as the "Administrator". (assume no password if you did not assign
    one). If using Pro, at the welcome screen use the Ctlr+Alt+Del sequence X 2
    and sign in as the "Administrator".

    When logged in go start>run and type

    control userpasswords2

    Select your User Name and then click "Reset Password".

    --
    William

    Take a look here John.
    Password Lost

    Regards,
    Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]
    http://dts-l.org/

    John wrote:
    > Is there a way that I can boot around the login password
    > required by Windows to log onto a user account? I have
    > lost the password.

Lost Password Support Microsoft Windows XP