Can't uninstall Quicken 2003

Below is the same problem I am having trying to installl a new version
of
quicken. This was found below is searching for a resolution. There was
no response to this issue that I could find. Please help..
oldcookieman

Quicken 2003 not listed in Add/Remove. My tweak
program "failed to launch uninstaller". Tried to reinstall
over existing and got stuck in an endless loop - new
install says it must uninstall old, when you OK, you get a
message saying you have cancelled the uninstall (though
you haven't).

Intuit says the loop problem is a known one and the
failure to launch uninstaller is a Windows Installer issue
in XP. They referred me to MS to get the Windows Installer
Cleanup Utility - even though there is no version for XP,
they said to use the one for Win2K. This was supposed to
clean up registry references to Quicken (or any other SW
you choose which uses Windows installer) and allow me to
reinstall new over old without the loop issue. Well, it
did not work.

Is there a safe way to delete a program (no unwise.exe or
similar that I can find) either manually or third-party SW?

Thanks

oldcookieman

Since Quicken is broken, and you are stuck with finding a way to save your data, I would suggest at least a try at a complete save.
The FAST wizard will save your settings and data, and you can then install a new copy of windows (to a new folder, or a dual boot
setup), and restore all app, (except for old quicken, install new quicken,) and run the FAST wizard to recover your settings and
data.

Save settings and data with the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard (FAST wizard): Go To: http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/fast.htm

install XP to a new folder (and turn on firewall before going online) :
run setup CD for XP, "New Instillation" from drop box) Put in Key, and choose the "Advanced Options" button to choose the folder.

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509