cannot find the "add/remove programs" button on control pa..

Tags:
  • Windows XP
March 6, 2005 6:55:01 PM

hello everyone,

i have 2 problems. The first one is the one that worries me the most, when i
go to control panel, i cannot find the "add/remove programs" button, i have
tried safe mode, no luck. I want to see if someone can tell me why the
button is not showing because i have a bunch of programs that i want to
uninstall, the most iportant thing that i want to unilstall is sp2, because
i think that caused the problem.
The second problem is that windows explorer crashes, then i send the error
report, but nothign happens, after that, i run explorer.exe again and when it
finishes loading it crashes again. this only happens sometimes , ii think it
started when i installed SP2.
--
please answer ...:)

More about : find add remove programs button control

Anonymous
March 6, 2005 7:25:03 PM

Here is a free tool which works the same as ad\remove,

http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ecleane.htm

"Nobody" wrote:

> hello everyone,
>
> i have 2 problems. The first one is the one that worries me the most, when i
> go to control panel, i cannot find the "add/remove programs" button, i have
> tried safe mode, no luck. I want to see if someone can tell me why the
> button is not showing because i have a bunch of programs that i want to
> uninstall, the most iportant thing that i want to unilstall is sp2, because
> i think that caused the problem.
> The second problem is that windows explorer crashes, then i send the error
> report, but nothign happens, after that, i run explorer.exe again and when it
> finishes loading it crashes again. this only happens sometimes , ii think it
> started when i installed SP2.
> --
> please answer ...:)
March 11, 2005 9:05:02 PM

Hello again,

I downloaded that program and it worked jsut fine, so i unilstalled some
stuff that i didn't need.
Thanks for the help, but i still wonder why i couldn't access the add/remove
programs button...

oh well, thx again
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 8:01:01 PM

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC
/SCANNOW

!