cannot find the "add/remove programs" button on control pa..

hello everyone,

i have 2 problems. The first one is the one that worries me the most, when i
go to control panel, i cannot find the "add/remove programs" button, i have
tried safe mode, no luck. I want to see if someone can tell me why the
button is not showing because i have a bunch of programs that i want to
uninstall, the most iportant thing that i want to unilstall is sp2, because
i think that caused the problem.
The second problem is that windows explorer crashes, then i send the error
report, but nothign happens, after that, i run explorer.exe again and when it
finishes loading it crashes again. this only happens sometimes , ii think it
started when i installed SP2.
--
please answer ...:)
3 answers Last reply

    Here is a free tool which works the same as ad\remove,

    http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ecleane.htm

    "Nobody" wrote:

    > hello everyone,
    >
    > i have 2 problems. The first one is the one that worries me the most, when i
    > go to control panel, i cannot find the "add/remove programs" button, i have
    > tried safe mode, no luck. I want to see if someone can tell me why the
    > button is not showing because i have a bunch of programs that i want to
    > uninstall, the most iportant thing that i want to unilstall is sp2, because
    > i think that caused the problem.
    > The second problem is that windows explorer crashes, then i send the error
    > report, but nothign happens, after that, i run explorer.exe again and when it
    > finishes loading it crashes again. this only happens sometimes , ii think it
    > started when i installed SP2.
    > --
    > please answer ...:)

    Hello again,

    I downloaded that program and it worked jsut fine, so i unilstalled some
    stuff that i didn't need.
    Thanks for the help, but i still wonder why i couldn't access the add/remove
    programs button...

    oh well, thx again

    To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC
    /SCANNOW

    "Nobody" wrote:

    > Hello again,
    >
    > I downloaded that program and it worked jsut fine, so i unilstalled some
    > stuff that i didn't need.
    > Thanks for the help, but i still wonder why i couldn't access the add/remove
    > programs button...
    >
    > oh well, thx again

Windows XP