deleting files in recycle bin

sometimes, after I empty the recycle bin, the icon stays full, and when I
open it, there are no files in it. But when I right click it, the “empty
recycle bin� is still ‘clickable’, and when I do so, it asks me “do you want
to delete WINDOWS.� Thus, when I delete something and it goes into the
recycle bin, I cant empty it until I reboot again. i tried the recycle bin
registry repairer thing but it hasnt solved it.
2 answers Last reply
More about deleting files recycle

    You cannot delete Windows via the Recycle Bin.
    Delete whatever files are in the Recycle Bin, reboot
    and everything will be back to normal.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "keisuke" wrote:

    | sometimes, after I empty the recycle bin, the icon stays full, and when I
    | open it, there are no files in it. But when I right click it, the “empty
    | recycle bin� is still ‘clickable’, and when I do so, it asks me “do you want
    | to delete WINDOWS.� Thus, when I delete something and it goes into the
    | recycle bin, I cant empty it until I reboot again. i tried the recycle bin
    | registry repairer thing but it hasnt solved it.

    Try creating a 'New Folder' on the desktop, delete that & empty the Recycle
    Bin via Rt-click, then reboot - that should clear it.
    For some reason, XP occasionally needs something in the bin to reset or
    clean itself out.

    --

    johnf

    > sometimes, after I empty the recycle bin, the icon stays full, and when
    > I open it, there are no files in it. But when I right click it, the
    > "empty recycle bin" is still 'clickable', and when I do so, it asks me
    > "do you want to delete WINDOWS." Thus, when I delete something and it
    > goes into the recycle bin, I cant empty it until I reboot again. i
    > tried the recycle bin registry repairer thing but it hasnt solved it.

Windows XP