Windows XP startup

March 6, 2005 11:58:41 PM

I've been experiencing a slight delay when i boot up my computer under
windows xp. it gets to the boot screen, then gives me a blank screen for
around 2 minutes or so, before loading my login screen.To correct the
problem, i've tried minimizing both windows processes and background
services, and have tried useing Microsoft Bootvis. i was wondering if anyone
here would have a solution to that problem.

here is my specs:

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ @ 1.84GHZ
Asus A7v8x-x motherboard w/ onboard NIC
DDR 2700- 512 x 2
ATI Radeon 9800 pro 128MB vid card,
Seagate 40GB HD
Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
450 W Power supply.

Thanks in advance.

More about : windows startup

Anonymous
March 6, 2005 11:58:42 PM

I've seen this happen when Windows is configured to re-
connect to a network but unable to make the connection . .
.. . just a thought

Did this behavior just start or has it always been like
this ?

Good Luck !

Anonymous
March 7, 2005 1:51:45 AM

there is no network, although there are 3 computers in my house that connect
to the internet via the same hub, they are in no way connected useing a
peer, or server, network.

no, it hasn't always been that way.. just decided to do it on it's own for
no reason one day. i wouldnt have bothered fixing it, but it's becoming
annoying how long i have to wait sometimes, just to get it booted up.

!