Windows XP startup

I've been experiencing a slight delay when i boot up my computer under
windows xp. it gets to the boot screen, then gives me a blank screen for
around 2 minutes or so, before loading my login screen.To correct the
problem, i've tried minimizing both windows processes and background
services, and have tried useing Microsoft Bootvis. i was wondering if anyone
here would have a solution to that problem.

here is my specs:

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ @ 1.84GHZ
Asus A7v8x-x motherboard w/ onboard NIC
DDR 2700- 512 x 2
ATI Radeon 9800 pro 128MB vid card,
Seagate 40GB HD
Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
450 W Power supply.

Thanks in advance.
2 answers Last reply
More about windows startup

    I've seen this happen when Windows is configured to re-
    connect to a network but unable to make the connection . .
    .. . just a thought

    Did this behavior just start or has it always been like
    this ?

    Good Luck !

    there is no network, although there are 3 computers in my house that connect
    to the internet via the same hub, they are in no way connected useing a
    peer, or server, network.

    no, it hasn't always been that way.. just decided to do it on it's own for
    no reason one day. i wouldnt have bothered fixing it, but it's becoming
    annoying how long i have to wait sometimes, just to get it booted up.

    "MGGP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've seen this happen when Windows is configured to re-
    > connect to a network but unable to make the connection . .
    > . . just a thought
    >
    > Did this behavior just start or has it always been like
    > this ?
    >
    > Good Luck !

Microsoft Windows XP