WEP key valid on one computer - invalid on another

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

My problem is this:

I have a network with a MN-700 router and two MN-730
network adapters. Everything runs fine on the computer
with the router and one computer with the adapter.
However, when running the Broadband Network Utility Setup
Wizard (in the exact same manner as was sucessful on this
computer) I get an error. The error states "The wireless
security key (WEP) is invalid for the selected network." I
know the key is correct, as Ive literally copied and pasted
it from the Management Tool settings, and entered it
manually several times.

Is there something I may be overlooking? It works fine on
this computer, but not on the other. I cannot determine
the cause of this discrepancy. Any ideas?

i actually got this msg today. i was trying to setup mixed
b network, but one pc would not recognize the key and i
know it was right. i changed the setting to g only,
enabled wep security, re-entered the key and it worked
perfectly.