IE8 and Bing

JessicaD

Distinguished
May 4, 2009

From where are you trying to remove it? As the default search engine in IE8? You can specify which search engine you wish to use.

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

number13

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
I want to remove Bing from my computer, as I stated it is the worst search engine I have ever encountered another MSFT attempt at expanding Windows, with the typical results, more bloat in the OS, and totally useless, as being able to specify which search engine, only from their list, like who wants Mountain Rose searches? the lackof truly powerful search engines(BTW,a search engine that returns more than 20 hits(well maybe 50) is fishing) so even as sood as Google is I find it bothersome to return 15,000 hits, I have my own search engine and will continue to use it

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Bing is a search engine and can simply be removed from IE8 by selecting another default search engine. You can also replace IE8 accelerators to what ever you like (or not use them at all). I assume that is what you mean. Just go into your IE8 internet options (under tools) and make your preferences known. Pretty straight forward. Good luck!!!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Huh? There is nothing to uninstall. From IE8, click on Page, then All Accelerators, and then Manage Accelerators. From there you can tweak to your hearts content. If not, you have another problem looming as in either a permissions/rights issue (I assume you have admin rights, please don't be offended) or a corrupted IE8/Win7 install. When you try to manage your accelerators, what happens?

After making changes, I would suggest flushing all of your history, cookies, etc and restarting IE8 to see if that helps. Just a final thought.

HOOAH!!!

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
Number13, Plain and simple...Power off your computer and take it to Best buy. They will remove it for you for $50. If you can't simply change your search engine. You deserve to waste $50. You friggin tool head :fou: