Norton Anti-Virus has detected a virus within this file in the system32
folder. Is there some way I can get rid of this file? Norton cannot repair,
quarantine or delete this file. Also, I was looking in the system32 folder
and that file has been there since 2003. Why is Norton just finding it now?
I've been having problems with spyware as of late so I downloaded a couple
spyware removal programs and when I try to run them, Norton starts up and
thats when it finds the virus. Any help would be appreciated!!!

"wjpeters5156" <wjpeters5156@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Norton Anti-Virus has detected a virus within this file in the system32
> folder. Is there some way I can get rid of this file? Norton cannot
> repair,
> quarantine or delete this file. Also, I was looking in the system32 folder
> and that file has been there since 2003. Why is Norton just finding it
> now?
> I've been having problems with spyware as of late so I downloaded a couple
> spyware removal programs and when I try to run them, Norton starts up and
> thats when it finds the virus. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Run Norton in safe mode.

-or-

1.. Create a directory on drive 'c:\' called Trend.
2.. Download the following items.
1.. Trend Sysclean Package
Download sysclean.com and save it in the directory 'c:\Trend'.
2.. Latest Trend Pattern Files
Download and save the Trend Pattern files by obtaining the ZIP file in
the directory 'c:\Trend'. For example, lpt265.zip. Extract the contents of
the ZIP file to the directory 'c:\Trend'.
3.. Disable System Restore
4.. Reboot your PC into Safe Mode.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q315222
5.. Using both the Trend Sysclean utility (by double-clicking the
sysclean.com in the 'c:\Trend' directory), perform a full scan of your
platform and clean/delete any infectors/parasites found. A few cycles may be
needed.
6.. Restart your PC and perform a 'final' full scan of your platform using
both the Trend Sysclean utility.
7.. Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any System Restore preferences.
8.. Reboot your PC.
9.. Create a new Restore Point.
--
William