peter

Card Name: Akki Lavarunner [Akki Lavarunner]
Cost: 3R
Type: Creature — Goblin Warrior
Pow/Tgh: 1/1
Rules Text: Haste
Whenever Akki Lavarunner deals damage to an opponent,
flip it.
-----
Tok-Tok, Volcano Born
Legendary Creature — Goblin Shaman
2/2
Protection from red
If a red source would deal damage to a player, it deals
that much damage plus 1 to that player instead.
Rarity: Rare

If I play Akki Lavarunner, attack, damage my opponent, does he still
have haste? Or is he suddenly "sick"?

I think he loses haste, but it seems weird, so I wanted to check.
Peter

Peter <knucklehead000@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Card Name: Akki Lavarunner [Akki Lavarunner]
> Cost: 3R
> Type: Creature -- Goblin Warrior
> Pow/Tgh: 1/1
> Rules Text: Haste
> Whenever Akki Lavarunner deals damage to an opponent,
> flip it.
> -----
> Tok-Tok, Volcano Born
> Legendary Creature -- Goblin Shaman
> 2/2
> Protection from red
> If a red source would deal damage to a player, it deals
> that much damage plus 1 to that player instead.
> Rarity: Rare
>
> If I play Akki Lavarunner, attack, damage my opponent, does he still
> have haste?

No.

He also ceases to have the Warrior creature type and the "Whenever Akki
Lavarunner deals damage to an opponent, flip it." ability.

508.2. In every zone other than the in-play zone, and also in the
in-play zone before the permanent flips, a flip card has only the normal
characteristics of the permanent. Once the flip permanent in the in-play
zone has been flipped, the normal name, text box, type line, power, and
toughness of the flip permanent don't apply and the alternative versions
of those characteristics apply instead.

> Or is he suddenly "sick"?

502.5. Haste

502.5a Haste is a static ability.

502.5b A creature with haste can attack or use activated abilities whose
cost includes the tap symbol even if it hasn't been controlled by its
controller continuously since the beginning of his or her most recent
turn. (See rule 212.3d.)

502.5c Multiple instances of haste on the same creature are redundant.

Rule 502.5b says "A creature with haste", not "A creature that had haste
in the recent past".
--
Daniel W. Johnson
panoptes@iquest.net

Peter <knucklehead000@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Akki Lavarunner 3R Creature - Goblin Warrior
>1/1 Haste Whenever ~ deals damage to an opponent, flip it.
> -----
>Tok-Tok, Volcano Born Legendary Creature - Goblin Shaman
>2/2 Protection from red If a red source would deal damage to a player, it
> deals that much damage plus 1 to that player instead.
>
>If I play Akki Lavarunner, attack, damage my opponent, does he still
>have haste? Or is he suddenly "sick"?

He is suddenly without haste. This does not remove him from the attack; he
just needed the haste to be declared as an attacker.

This ALSO does not change the fact that he has just dealt 1 damage - it doesn't
change because his power changed after the damage was put on the stack, and it
doesn't change because -after- the damage was dealt he got a replacement effect
that adds damage.

>I think he loses haste, but it seems weird, so I wanted to check.

He loses haste while already attacking, correct.

Dave

Peter sez:

<<snip Lavarunner/Tok-Tok text>>

<<

>If I play Akki Lavarunner, attack, damage my opponent, does he still
>have haste? Or is he suddenly "sick"?

He loses haste. Normally, aside from Savage Beating or some such, this won't
matter.

----
If [Michael Moore] makes a mistake in [F 9/11], it's not that he's careless
with the facts ... It's that he suggests Bush is the cause of our problems,
when, in fact, Bush is just the result.
--The Libertarian Lessons of Fahrenheit 9/11

Peter, worshipped by llamas the world over, wrote...
> Card Name: Akki Lavarunner [Akki Lavarunner]
> Cost: 3R
> Type: Creature — Goblin Warrior
> Pow/Tgh: 1/1
> Rules Text: Haste
> Whenever Akki Lavarunner deals damage to an opponent,
> flip it.
> -----
> Tok-Tok, Volcano Born
> Legendary Creature — Goblin Shaman
> 2/2
> Protection from red
> If a red source would deal damage to a player, it deals
> that much damage plus 1 to that player instead.
> Rarity: Rare
>
> If I play Akki Lavarunner, attack, damage my opponent, does he still
> have haste? Or is he suddenly "sick"?
>
> I think he loses haste, but it seems weird, so I wanted to check.

He loses haste. However, this doesn't pull him out of the attack or
anything like that; once you've declared that first attack or tap
ability, Haste really isn't doing anything anyway.