I have a strange issue after installing Vodafone BT connection on XP SP2.
When using wirless, dial up or RAS to office connections i am now unable to
browse web. Have removed Vodafone software still have issue.

Connections still assign ip and dns to connecting device wireless/lan/modem,
can ping dns servers but IE returns unable to open page error, also unable to
establish pptp connection.

All IE setting set to auto detect for ip/dns/gateway/proxy etc. Verified
only one winsock*.dll on machine and is in sys32 dir.

I am at a loss does anyone have an idea where i can look next?

Dial-Up Networking Connections Do Not Work After Upgrade to Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303488&Product=winxp

How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP Service Pack 2:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870702&Product=winxp

Focus On Wireless Networking and Windows XP: http://microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/focuson/wirelessnetworking.asp

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"Garfy" <Garfy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B3FCD99-6816-4340-8C58-450CA0747BF6@microsoft.com...
>I have a strange issue after installing Vodafone BT connection on XP SP2.
> When using wirless, dial up or RAS to office connections i am now unable to
> browse web. Have removed Vodafone software still have issue.
>
> Connections still assign ip and dns to connecting device wireless/lan/modem,
> can ping dns servers but IE returns unable to open page error, also unable to
> establish pptp connection.
>
> All IE setting set to auto detect for ip/dns/gateway/proxy etc. Verified
> only one winsock*.dll on machine and is in sys32 dir.
>
> I am at a loss does anyone have an idea where i can look next?

this is not a driver issue as all devices worked prevoiusly and drivers have
not been updated since then, plus its on any methos og internet connection,
dial up or wireless.

I am looking to find enables win to see and utilise the dns/dhcp devices of
a lan or dial up connection, to see if this has been modified by the blue
tooth serial device the vodafone software utilised

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> Dial-Up Networking Connections Do Not Work After Upgrade to Windows XP:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303488&Product=winxp
>
> How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP Service Pack 2:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870702&Product=winxp
>
> Focus On Wireless Networking and Windows XP: http://microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/focuson/wirelessnetworking.asp
>
> --
>
> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> ..
> "Garfy" <Garfy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B3FCD99-6816-4340-8C58-450CA0747BF6@microsoft.com...
> >I have a strange issue after installing Vodafone BT connection on XP SP2.
> > When using wirless, dial up or RAS to office connections i am now unable to
> > browse web. Have removed Vodafone software still have issue.
> >
> > Connections still assign ip and dns to connecting device wireless/lan/modem,
> > can ping dns servers but IE returns unable to open page error, also unable to
> > establish pptp connection.
> >
> > All IE setting set to auto detect for ip/dns/gateway/proxy etc. Verified
> > only one winsock*.dll on machine and is in sys32 dir.
> >
> > I am at a loss does anyone have an idea where i can look next?

The WINS is available from:

rightclick LAN icon in network connections folder, properties, tcp/ip properties, wins tab