updated restricted/banned lists? where?

I saw an article on brainburst.com saying that the recent changes to the
restricted lists have gone into effect.

I would like to get a copy of the updated lists, but I can't find one
online. Wizards.com's lists are outdated. For example, the Type 1 list has
apparently not been updated in almost a year:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=judge/resources/sfrtype1

Can anyone point me in the right direction? (Or kick wizards' webmaster in
the pants?)
5 answers Last reply
More about updated restricted banned lists where
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.rules (More info?)

    "War_Pig5" <dontsendjunk2me@hotmail.com> writes:
    > I saw an article on brainburst.com saying that the recent changes to the
    > restricted lists have gone into effect.

    That's correct.

    > I would like to get a copy of the updated lists, but I can't find one
    > online. Wizards.com's lists are outdated. For example, the Type 1 list has
    > apparently not been updated in almost a year:
    > http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=judge/resources/sfrtype1
    >
    > Can anyone point me in the right direction? (Or kick wizards' webmaster in
    > the pants?)

    I believe that Wizards has already been notified of the problem,
    although it can sometimes take them a while to update their site.

    The most recent changes are posted at
    <http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dci/announce/dci20040901a>, but
    I don't know if there's a new complete banned/restricted list
    available from Somewhere Official.

    --
    Peter C.
    "With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not

    "Peter Cooper Jr." <pete+mtg@cooper.homedns.org> wrote in message
    > "War_Pig5" <dontsendjunk2me@hotmail.com> writes:
    >> I saw an article on brainburst.com saying that the recent changes to the
    >> restricted lists have gone into effect.
    >
    > That's correct.
    >
    >> I would like to get a copy of the updated lists, but I can't find one
    >> online. Wizards.com's lists are outdated. For example, the Type 1 list
    >> has
    >> apparently not been updated in almost a year:
    >> http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=judge/resources/sfrtype1
    >>
    >> Can anyone point me in the right direction? (Or kick wizards' webmaster
    >> in
    >> the pants?)
    >
    > I believe that Wizards has already been notified of the problem,
    > although it can sometimes take them a while to update their site.
    >
    > The most recent changes are posted at
    > <http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dci/announce/dci20040901a>, but
    > I don't know if there's a new complete banned/restricted list
    > available from Somewhere Official.

    Thanks. If someone sees such a list, would they please let everybody know on
    this thread? TIA!

    P.S. Peter Cooper Jr.: I've always wanted to ask you, is that your real
    name? There was a famous guy of the same name, which I guess you know, I
    just wonder wether that is intentional, accidental, or just an internet
    handle or a joke on the real guy.
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.rules (More info?)

    "War_Pig5" <dontsendjunk2me@hotmail.com> writes:
    > P.S. Peter Cooper Jr.: I've always wanted to ask you, is that your real
    > name? There was a famous guy of the same name, which I guess you know, I
    > just wonder wether that is intentional, accidental, or just an internet
    > handle or a joke on the real guy.

    Yes, that is really my name, although I have generally found it
    interesting that my name appears in the encyclopedia :). (Although,
    Googling for myself seems to bring up a lot of pages that are, in
    fact, mentioning me.)

    --
    Peter C.
    "Typically, most high street commercial internet providers issue a

    > "War_Pig5" <dontsendjunk2me@hotmail.com> writes:
    >> P.S. Peter Cooper Jr.: I've always wanted to ask you, is that your real
    >> name? There was a famous guy of the same name, which I guess you know, I
    >> just wonder wether that is intentional, accidental, or just an internet
    >> handle or a joke on the real guy.
    >
    > Yes, that is really my name, although I have generally found it
    > interesting that my name appears in the encyclopedia :). (Although,
    > Googling for myself seems to bring up a lot of pages that are, in
    > fact, mentioning me.)

    I wonder your grandparents named your father after the guy in the
    encyclopedia, or if it was a just coincidence.

    Googling my name brings up a violinmaker, that's just coincidence, so I
    suppose I can guess the answer. With so many people and comparatively few
    names, I suppose things like this are not really a that big a coincidence.

    I am pleasantly surprised that you answered; it was kind of you to satisfy
    my curiosity. Thanks!
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.rules (More info?)

    "War_Pig5" <dontsendjunk2me@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "Peter Cooper Jr." <pete+mtg@cooper.homedns.org> wrote in message
    >> "War_Pig5" <dontsendjunk2me@hotmail.com> writes:
    >>> I saw an article on brainburst.com saying that the recent changes to the
    >>> restricted lists have gone into effect.
    >>
    >> That's correct.
    >>
    >>> I would like to get a copy of the updated lists, but I can't find one
    >>> online. Wizards.com's lists are outdated.

    They're apparently not updating their website, in favor of using Gatherer as
    one-stop-shopping for all up-to-date info. This link gets you the Typ1 1
    restricted list if you unlinewrap it:

    http://gatherer.wizards.com/default.asp?term=&fields=|name|rules|type&format=Vintage&color=banned&output=oraclespoiler&sort=name&first=1

Games Video Games