updated restricted/banned lists? where?

I saw an article on brainburst.com saying that the recent changes to the
restricted lists have gone into effect.

I would like to get a copy of the updated lists, but I can't find one
online. Wizards.com's lists are outdated. For example, the Type 1 list has
apparently not been updated in almost a year:
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=judge/resources/sfrtype1

Can anyone point me in the right direction? (Or kick wizards' webmaster in
the pants?)

"War_Pig5" <dontsendjunk2me@hotmail.com> writes:
> I saw an article on brainburst.com saying that the recent changes to the
> restricted lists have gone into effect.

That's correct.

> I would like to get a copy of the updated lists, but I can't find one
> online. Wizards.com's lists are outdated. For example, the Type 1 list has
> apparently not been updated in almost a year:
> http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=judge/resources/sfrtype1
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction? (Or kick wizards' webmaster in
> the pants?)

I believe that Wizards has already been notified of the problem,
although it can sometimes take them a while to update their site.

The most recent changes are posted at
<http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dci/announce/dci20040901a>, but
I don't know if there's a new complete banned/restricted list
available from Somewhere Official.

--
Peter C.
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not

"Peter Cooper Jr." <pete+mtg@cooper.homedns.org> wrote in message
> "War_Pig5" <dontsendjunk2me@hotmail.com> writes:
>> I saw an article on brainburst.com saying that the recent changes to the
>> restricted lists have gone into effect.
>
> That's correct.
>
>> I would like to get a copy of the updated lists, but I can't find one
>> online. Wizards.com's lists are outdated. For example, the Type 1 list
>> has
>> apparently not been updated in almost a year:
>> http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=judge/resources/sfrtype1
>>
>> Can anyone point me in the right direction? (Or kick wizards' webmaster
>> in
>> the pants?)
>
> I believe that Wizards has already been notified of the problem,
> although it can sometimes take them a while to update their site.
>
> The most recent changes are posted at
> <http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dci/announce/dci20040901a>, but
> I don't know if there's a new complete banned/restricted list
> available from Somewhere Official.

Thanks. If someone sees such a list, would they please let everybody know on
this thread? TIA!

P.S. Peter Cooper Jr.: I've always wanted to ask you, is that your real
name? There was a famous guy of the same name, which I guess you know, I
just wonder wether that is intentional, accidental, or just an internet
handle or a joke on the real guy.

"War_Pig5" <dontsendjunk2me@hotmail.com> writes:
> P.S. Peter Cooper Jr.: I've always wanted to ask you, is that your real
> name? There was a famous guy of the same name, which I guess you know, I
> just wonder wether that is intentional, accidental, or just an internet
> handle or a joke on the real guy.

Yes, that is really my name, although I have generally found it
interesting that my name appears in the encyclopedia :). (Although,
Googling for myself seems to bring up a lot of pages that are, in
fact, mentioning me.)

--
Peter C.
"Typically, most high street commercial internet providers issue a

> "War_Pig5" <dontsendjunk2me@hotmail.com> writes:
>> P.S. Peter Cooper Jr.: I've always wanted to ask you, is that your real
>> name? There was a famous guy of the same name, which I guess you know, I
>> just wonder wether that is intentional, accidental, or just an internet
>> handle or a joke on the real guy.
>
> Yes, that is really my name, although I have generally found it
> interesting that my name appears in the encyclopedia :). (Although,
> Googling for myself seems to bring up a lot of pages that are, in
> fact, mentioning me.)

I wonder your grandparents named your father after the guy in the
encyclopedia, or if it was a just coincidence.

Googling my name brings up a violinmaker, that's just coincidence, so I
suppose I can guess the answer. With so many people and comparatively few
names, I suppose things like this are not really a that big a coincidence.

I am pleasantly surprised that you answered; it was kind of you to satisfy
my curiosity. Thanks!

"War_Pig5" <dontsendjunk2me@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Peter Cooper Jr." <pete+mtg@cooper.homedns.org> wrote in message
>> "War_Pig5" <dontsendjunk2me@hotmail.com> writes:
>>> I saw an article on brainburst.com saying that the recent changes to the
>>> restricted lists have gone into effect.
>>
>> That's correct.
>>
>>> I would like to get a copy of the updated lists, but I can't find one
>>> online. Wizards.com's lists are outdated.

They're apparently not updating their website, in favor of using Gatherer as
one-stop-shopping for all up-to-date info. This link gets you the Typ1 1
restricted list if you unlinewrap it:

http://gatherer.wizards.com/default.asp?term=&fields=|name|rules|type&format=Vintage&color=banned&output=oraclespoiler&sort=name&first=1