PC will not restart when I click restart

I had just recently had a virus on my computer. I had uninstalled Norton
then reinstalled it. I quarintined the virus, and now when I try to restart
my computer, it won't restart. I will go to the start button and click on
turn off computer, whether I click on turn off or restart it dows nothing.
Could this have been caused by the virus and does anyone know what I can do
to fix this issue????

Hi

Please try the following links to Jim Eshelman's web site:

http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm
http://aumha.org/win5/a/tshoot.htm

--

Will Denny