Thank you for reading! Sorry in advance for typos or bad english lol
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
14-15 probably will acept 17 but weight is a factor .. but gpu more of a factor
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
I need a laptop that can handle every desktop-tasks. Weight is one of important factors, but it's not as critical as its performance.
5. How much battery life do you need?
need 2hrs if more better
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. im a gamer i would like to run on high settings for skyrim, bf3,star wars, the old republic,civ V, Diable 3 when it comes out
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop?
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Over 750GB 7200rpm should be enough. but if possible, i want to try a SSD as my main hard drive (is it worth it??
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. www.newegg.com
I explored those sites last few days but i couldn't make a decision.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
dvd rom is fine. blu ray if not too expensive
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Asus, was reffered by other owners. MSI , Sager (but dont know too much about them).. toshiba
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
was looking at ASUS G74SX asus g53, msi g780-, msi g683, TOSHIBA Qosmio X775(lightest of the bunch)
Keeping the laptop cool and quite as possible is a plus
thank you for any assistance
Operating system Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit edit
Processor AMD Quad-Core A8-3550MX Accelerated Processor (2.7GHz/2.0GHz, 4MB L2 Cache) edit
Graphics card 1GB AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7690M GDDR5 Discrete Graphics(TM) [HDMI, VGA] edit
Memory 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm) edit
Hard drive 750GB 7200 rpm Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection edit
Office software Microsoft(R) Office Starter: reduced-functionality Word/Excel(R) only, No PowerPoint(R)/Outlook(R) edit
Security software No additional security software edit
Primary battery 9 Cell Lithium Ion Battery edit
Display 15.6" Full HD HP Anti-glare LED (1920 x 1080) edit
Primary optical drive Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner edit
Personalization HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone and HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader edit
Networking 802.11b/g/n WLAN edit
Keyboard Standard Keyboard with numeric keypad edit
For DX 10/11 the two GPU's will CF together for a decent performance boost. For DX9 then it'll just use the 7690M as it's GPU. When not playing games it'll default to the onboard 6620G inside the APU.
This will play pretty much every game out there at 40~60 FPS @1920x1080, you'll have to use medium settings on most of them or use high and don't crank up 8xAA type stuff. 8GB DDR3-1600 kit costs about $50 USD if you want to up the 6620G's performance by about 5~15%. Kit won't do much for the more powerful 7690M.
Included is a 9-cell battery to give you longer life, the 6-cell is lighter and smaller so your choice. For another $100 you can put in a 160GB SSD instead of the HDD, but again your choice.
I got one of these (without the dGPU or 1920 screen) for my GF to do light gaming and I've had a blast with it. It's fueled by decision to buy another but with the dGPU installed and the 1920 screen.
They also have the Intel version of that laptop for a slightly higher price and no Xfire.