I am finally replacing a 2006 Lenovo Z60m. It has been a solid machine, but time to let it go. My two previous machines were also higher end Lenovo/IBM, and a Vaio in the mix somewhere.
Would like to spend >$1800. SSD for OS and HDD for files is a plus, but not a requirement. It is primarily a programming machine in the custom A/V industry, so very large databases, GUI development, and compiling code. 15" display, minimum WSXGA resolution. I travel constantly, so would like to stick with that screen size, for portability.
Also, DPC latency must be under 250 microseconds, fur use with real-time DSP applications.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15"
3. What screen resolution do you want? Minimum WSXGA
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable
5. How much battery life do you need? 6 hours
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Not usually. Custom desktop for that already
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
It is primarily a programming machine in the custom A/V industry, so very large databases, GUI development, and compiling code.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500GB min. SSD for OS and HDD for files is a bonus
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. I have owned several Lenovo's previously.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3-4 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? BD ROM, writer is a bonus
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Lenovo, Toshiba, HP have been recommended by my peers
13. What country do you live in? USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. DPC latency must be under 250 microseconds, fur use with real-time DSP applications.