Task Manager Process

Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone knows what does the process 'HPBPRO.exe'
linked to. I tried finding this process around the net but it does not seem
to appear in most sites. I have a feeling it belongs to Hewlet Packard (HP)
Printing Driver. Can anyone in the newsgroup help me out with this? The
reason being is this process will suddenly multiply up to 100 over processes
with the same process name. Each process takes up about 8,700 KB and if you
multiply that by 100, my memory usage goes up to 1.36 GB. That is really
over the limit. So I need some expert advice on this if anyone is able to
help. Thanks in advance.

Ernest Lee

Some information about HPBPRO.exe can be found here:
http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/hpbpro/

Also check out the below HP support site:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bpd50

HTH
Meena
"Ernest Lee" <juzernie@defence.gov.sg> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am just wondering if anyone knows what does the process 'HPBPRO.exe'
> linked to. I tried finding this process around the net but it does not
seem
> to appear in most sites. I have a feeling it belongs to Hewlet Packard
(HP)
> Printing Driver. Can anyone in the newsgroup help me out with this? The
> reason being is this process will suddenly multiply up to 100 over
processes
> with the same process name. Each process takes up about 8,700 KB and if
you
> multiply that by 100, my memory usage goes up to 1.36 GB. That is really
> over the limit. So I need some expert advice on this if anyone is able to
> help. Thanks in advance.
>
> Ernest Lee

Ernest

Was your HP printer originally installed with Windows XP or was it
previously used with another version of Windows? What model printer do
you have?

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry