Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

When I try to open IE or My Documents I get the following error message:

X "Buffer overrun detected!

Program: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe

A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's
internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be
terminated."

What does this mean and how can I fix this problem as it happens 7 out of 10
times when I try opening programs?

Thank you.
1 answer Last reply
More about microsoft visual runtime library

    "TheRookie" wrote:

    > When I try to open IE or My Documents I get the following error message:
    >
    > X "Buffer overrun detected!
    >
    > Program: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe
    >
    > A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's
    > internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be
    > terminated."
    >
    > What does this mean and how can I fix this problem as it happens 7 out of 10
    > times when I try opening programs?
    >
    > Thank you.

    I also came up with this error code, and i googled it. it is a virus and
    microsoft states that the sp2 has a patch in it. i checked the next listing
    in google and someone explains what a buffer overrun is but not how to fix.
    what i am trying to find out is there some way to get files off of my main
    drive to my secondary drive. as i will have 2 buy a new operating system.
    apparently the person i brought this off of used xp.pro on 2 many
    computersso mine is inactive? i can't get updates. hope this helps, or if you
    know how to move files without explorer let me know

Internet Explorer Visual C++ Microsoft Windows XP