Lost Start Button and My Computer Icon

March 7, 2005 12:05:02 PM

I woke up this morning losing my Start button and my computer icon. I must
have some kind of a virus, but in order to do a system restore I need the
start button or my computer icon. Can someone tell me how to do a restore
without the above two items showing. I've tried Ctrl-Esc and the windows key
on the keybroad-nothhing!

Frank
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 2:09:12 PM

How to restore the operating system to a previous state in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;306084

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP