Lost Start Button and My Computer Icon

I woke up this morning losing my Start button and my computer icon. I must
have some kind of a virus, but in order to do a system restore I need the
start button or my computer icon. Can someone tell me how to do a restore
without the above two items showing. I've tried Ctrl-Esc and the windows key
on the keybroad-nothhing!

Frank
1 answer Last reply
More about lost start button computer icon

    How to restore the operating system to a previous state in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;306084

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Francis Cunningham, Jr." wrote:

    | I woke up this morning losing my Start button and my computer icon. I must
    | have some kind of a virus, but in order to do a system restore I need the
    | start button or my computer icon. Can someone tell me how to do a restore
    | without the above two items showing. I've tried Ctrl-Esc and the windows key
    | on the keybroad-nothhing!
    |
    | Frank

Computers Microsoft System Restore Windows XP