Hello, Last night I was online and my computer was a little slow so I
restarted. Once I did that my computer was stuck on the welcome screen and
wouldn't go past there. So I restarted it again and this time it went to the
desktop but it didn't load any icons or I couldn't move my mouse. Is there
anything I can do to try and fix it myself?

"Jennie" <Jennie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, Last night I was online and my computer was a little slow so
> restarted. Once I did that my computer was stuck on the welcome
> screen and
> wouldn't go past there. So I restarted it again and this time it
> went to the
> desktop but it didn't load any icons or I couldn't move my mouse.
> Is there
> anything I can do to try and fix it myself?

Hit F8 continuously right after bios screen and go into safe mode if
you can. If so then it's a recourse conflict or device driver problem
maybe or even a nasty old virus. But see if you can boot in safe mode
first and get back to us.