Sign in with
Your question
Solved

What services are non-essential? -->program for me?

Last response: in Windows 7
August 23, 2009 9:23:25 AM

I have windows 7 rc x64, and my computer is starting up slower now. I changed my startup progrms to the bare minimum, and I want to disable non-essential services, except I don't know what the names are. can anyone link me to a page that helps. Also, if anyone knows of a program that can help, that would be nice, but preferably not a virus :non:  . However, I'd rather have the list.

Thanks. This would be a great help. :wahoo: 

More about : services essential program

August 23, 2009 9:45:44 AM

Set Superfetch to delayed startup (or even disable), a lot of people also don't need the ReadyBoost.
m
l

Best solution

August 23, 2009 9:51:55 AM

Check the guide on Vista on tweakguides.com

Here there are all drivers listed with a guide on what services a common user should disable. Vista and Windows 7 drivers are the same (98%) so you cannot go wrong using that guide.

Other than the services the guide suggest to disable there are some others as superfetch and readyboost that can give you quite a boost depending on what you use the PC for.

Usually the most HDDs intensive tasks reside in the indexing, online problems' resolution, defender real-time, superfetch, readboost and so on. Again check the guide on how to correctly configure them to speed the system up.
Related resources
August 23, 2009 9:49:20 PM

so readyboost actually makes it take longer?
m
l
!