Hi,

I was looking for something like "You win if all your oppents lost."
when I noticed that rule 102 doesn't say how to win at all. Isn't this
odd? You should be able to win wihtout something like Darksteel
Reactor right?

--

David

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 17:44:06 +0200, David de Kloet <dskloet@few.vu.nl> wrote:
>I was looking for something like "You win if all your oppents lost."
>when I noticed that rule 102 doesn't say how to win at all. Isn't this
>odd? You should be able to win wihtout something like Darksteel Reactor right?

Essentially, if there's nobody left in the game but you, you've won (nobody
can oppose this). The rulebook only gives ways to lose, correct; you win if
everyone else loses. (Team wins are also possible in multiplayer, I guess.)

Dave

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, David DeLaney wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 17:44:06 +0200, David de Kloet <dskloet@few.vu.nl> wrote:
>> I was looking for something like "You win if all your oppents
>> lost." when I noticed that rule 102 doesn't say how to win at all.
>> Isn't this odd? You should be able to win wihtout something like
>> Darksteel Reactor right?
>
> Essentially, if there's nobody left in the game but you, you've won
> (nobody can oppose this). The rulebook only gives ways to lose,
> correct; you win if everyone else loses. (Team wins are also
> possible in multiplayer, I guess.)

I would have guessed that but shouldn't it be in the rulebook?

I looked for such a rule because we (at wizards message board) were
wondering why rule 102.5 is in there.

102.5. If a player would both win and lose simultaneously, he or she
loses.
--

David

David de Kloet <dskloet@few.vu.nl> wrote:
>> Essentially, if there's nobody left in the game but you, you've won
>> (nobody can oppose this). The rulebook only gives ways to lose,
>> correct; you win if everyone else loses. (Team wins are also
>> possible in multiplayer, I guess.)
>
>I would have guessed that but shouldn't it be in the rulebook?

I'll ask if they want to put it in there.

Dave