Moonring Mirror

Hi!

I've some question on Moonring Mirror
" Whenever you draw a card, remove the top card of your library from the
game face down.
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may remove your hand from the game face
down. If you do, put into your hand all other cards you own removed from the
game with Moonring Mirror. ",

I'm not quite sure if i have right understood this card.

Is it right taht wenn I move my hand face down from the game and take the
others card that i can rechange them in my next upkeep ?

Can I do this more than once in one upkeep ?
Could I play spells between this in the upkeep ?

What will happen if I have 2 of this cards in play?
Do I have to make 2 stacks of cards? or are all cards in one place?

What happens if I have 1 in Game, this gets disenchanted and then I play the
second.
Could I take the cards removed with the first Mirror ?

Many question
Thanks for your help

Boas Enkler wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've some question on Moonring Mirror
> " Whenever you draw a card, remove the top card of your library from the
> game face down.
> At the beginning of your upkeep, you may remove your hand from the game
> face down. If you do, put into your hand all other cards you own removed
> from the game with Moonring Mirror. ",
>
> I'm not quite sure if i have right understood this card.
>
> Is it right taht wenn I move my hand face down from the game and take the
> others card that i can rechange them in my next upkeep ?

Sure. Note that since putting the card from your draw phase in the
RFG zone is also a triggered effect that will be put on the stack
together with your switching hands, so you can choose whether or
not that card comes in with your new hand or stays in the RFG zone.

> Can I do this more than once in one upkeep ?

No, it can only trigger once; your upkeep only starts once (per turn).

> Could I play spells between this in the upkeep ?

I assume you mean between doing more than once in an upkeep. Since
you can't, that's moot. However, you *can* play Instants (that's
all that's legal in your upkeep) before you swap hands.

> What will happen if I have 2 of this cards in play?
> Do I have to make 2 stacks of cards? or are all cards in one place?

You have two stacks of cards, each one associated with one of
your Mirrors. Each stack gets a face-down card whenever you
draw. You can play Instants from your original hand before
choosing one of the face-down hands to pick up, play Instants
from the hand you picked up, and then pick up the second hand.

> What happens if I have 1 in Game, this gets disenchanted

The cards are permanently lost, short of a Wish.

> and then I play
> the second.
> Could I take the cards removed with the first Mirror ?

No, each stack is associated the Mirror that put it in the RFG.
Only that Mirror can bring them back. If that Mirror is lost,
they cannot be brought back at all.

--
Christopher Mattern

"Which one you figure tracked us?"
"The ugly one, sir."
"...Could you be more specific?"

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 23:04:37 +0200, "Boas Enkler" <info@it-design.biz>
wrote:

>I've some question on Moonring Mirror
>" Whenever you draw a card, remove the top card of your library from the
>game face down.
>At the beginning of your upkeep, you may remove your hand from the game face
>down. If you do, put into your hand all other cards you own removed from the
>game with Moonring Mirror. ",
>
> I'm not quite sure if i have right understood this card.

Ok, here's my version of how it works:

You grow an extra hand. Simple as that :)
The extra hand draws whenever your "real" hand draws, but it keeps all
its cards face down on the table (meaning; you don't get to see them,
not even as it draws).
The extra hand is, of course, not bound by any "7 card max" rules like
your real hand is.
At the beginning of your upkeep you get one chance (per mirror) to
exchange the cards in your hand with the cards in the face down hand
(from that exact mirror).

>Is it right taht wenn I move my hand face down from the game and take the
>others card that i can rechange them in my next upkeep ?

Yes, at the beginning of your upkeep the mirror trigger, and ask "do
you want to exchange your hand with _my_ hand?". Yes, and your hand
becomes the mirrors face-down hand, and its old hand becomes your
normal hand. No, and nothing happens (of course).

>Can I do this more than once in one upkeep ?

No, it trigger "At the beginning of your upkeep" - your upkeep only
has one beginning. Of course, if you have several mirrors they all
trigger seperately.

>Could I play spells between this in the upkeep ?

Umm, not sure what you ask exactly...
At "beginning of upkeep" the mirror trigger, and its ability goes on
the stack. At this point you get priority and can cast all the
instants you like in response, at some point you (and your opponent)
don't want to do more and you let the mirror's ability on the stack
resolve.
Now you must choose if you want to swap hands - you do not get to look
at the face down cards before you swap, and if you do you are not
allowed to look at you old hand anymore. You cannot play anything at
this point.
After you choose whether to swap hands or not, and has carried out any
instructions associated with you choice, you get priority again, and
can again cast spells.

>What will happen if I have 2 of this cards in play?
>Do I have to make 2 stacks of cards? or are all cards in one place?

You grow two extra hands, each with its own little card pool. At the
beginning of you upkeep they both throw an ability on the stack (you
decide order), and as they resolve, they each allow you to exchange
the cards in you hand at that point with their own card pool.

That means that if you for example have mirrors A and B in play, then
you can use A's trigger to exchange your hand with A's hand. But even
if you then find out that you really want your old hand back, you
cannot use B's trigger to exchange back again with A - B's trigger
only allows you to swap with B, and because B's cards are face down
you are not allowed to look at them.

>What happens if I have 1 in Game, this gets disenchanted and then I play the
>second.
>Could I take the cards removed with the first Mirror ?

No. The second starts a new little card pool of its own. The cards
removed from the game with the first are gone.

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 23:04:37 +0200, Boas Enkler <info@it-design.biz> wrote:
>I've some question on Moonring Mirror
>" Whenever you draw a card, remove the top card of your library from the
>game face down.
>At the beginning of your upkeep, you may remove your hand from the game face
>down. If you do, put into your hand all other cards you own removed from the
>game with Moonring Mirror. ",

Okay.

> I'm not quite sure if i have right understood this card.
>
>Is it right taht wenn I move my hand face down from the game and take the
>others card that i can rechange them in my next upkeep ?

Yes. (Plus any you removed in the meantime.)

>Can I do this more than once in one upkeep ?

No. The last ability triggers how many times in a turn? Once - "At the
beginning of your upkeep". If it triggers once, it resolves and its effect
happens how many times? Once.

>Could I play spells between this in the upkeep ?

Sure.

>What will happen if I have 2 of this cards in play?

Then a) each time you draw one card, you remove the top two cards of your
library afterwards, one for each Mirror (one at a time) and
b) both Mirrors trigger as your upkeep starts, and you can swap your current
hand for that particular Mirror's removed cards when each Mirror ability
resolves.

>Do I have to make 2 stacks of cards? or are all cards in one place?

You have to make 2 stacks of cards, because each Mirror only keeps track of
the cards _it_ removed, and each Mirror's ability only lets you swap your
hand for the cards _that Mirror_ has removed.

>What happens if I have 1 in Game, this gets disenchanted and then I play the
>second.
>Could I take the cards removed with the first Mirror ?

Nope. If a Mirror leaves play for any reason (other than phasing out), you
can then never get back any cards it has removed, unless you go Wish for them
or use the Ring of Ma'Ruf. Each Mirror keeps track of the cards IT removed,
NOT "the cards removed by any Moonring Mirror you may have controlled over
the course of the game".

Dave

Chris Mattern wrote:

> Sure. Note that since putting the card from your draw phase in the
> RFG zone is also a triggered effect that will be put on the stack
> together with your switching hands, so you can choose whether or
> not that card comes in with your new hand or stays in the RFG zone.

Excuse me, brain fart. Your draw phase is, of course, *after* your
upkeep phase, so you can't get the card from your draw this turn.
For some indefinable reason I was confusing it with untap...

--
Christopher Mattern

"Which one you figure tracked us?"
"The ugly one, sir."
"...Could you be more specific?"

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:06:50 -0400, Chris Mattern
<matternc@comcast.net> wrote:

>Boas Enkler wrote:

>> What happens if I have 1 in Game, this gets disenchanted
>
>The cards are permanently lost, short of a Wish.

Right, forgot Wishes in my reply. Though there is a small twist; the
cards are face down, so you don't know what they are - thus the only
wish that works is Death Wish, all the others put restrictions on the
cards they can get (Burning Wish - only sorceries).
Oh, and Ring of Ma'ruf works too.

>> and then I play
>> the second.
>> Could I take the cards removed with the first Mirror ?
>
>No, each stack is associated the Mirror that put it in the RFG.
>Only that Mirror can bring them back. If that Mirror is lost,
>they cannot be brought back at all.

And if a mirror leaves play, and the returns again, it is a new mirror
and can still not get its old cards. Eg. Boomerang'ing a mirror makes
it loose its cards.

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann

Thanks a lot for your help :)
Now I know how to use this card and i have already a deck which has great
advantages for this

thanks

One More question

May I have an look on the cards I remove?

Thank you for your help

Boas Enkler <info@it-design.biz> wrote:
>One More question
>
>May I have an look on the cards I remove?

Moonring Mirror 5 Artifact
Whenever you draw a card, remove the top card of your library from the game
face down. / At the beginning of your upkeep, you may remove your hand from
the game face down. If you do, put into your hand all other cards you own
removed from the game with ~.

No, you may not. They are removed fron the game face-down; that means nobody
may look at them. (And since they came from your library, normally you cannot
see what the card is BEFORE it's removed.) And the Mirror does NOT say anything
about "you may look at it at any time", so you don't get to look at it. Of
course, once you've swapped cards once, you generally know what went there from
your hand ... but you do not know what cards are being put there from your
library after you draw cards.

Dave