Help buying a good gaming laptop-notebook under 800$

Status
Not open for further replies.

samehhesham4

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
well,the title says it all i want to buy a good laptop-notebook under 800$ something with a stylish design preferably and thx in advance ^^

Hi :)

Brett owns Computer shops in the UK and a Laptop company ..and knows perfectly well what hes talking about...even in the third person...

How about you...what are your qualifications for answering (wrongly)

All the best Brett :)

lahawzel

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011

Owning that exact same laptop and playing games on high settings just fine. It also has pretty high-quality speakers, keyboard, and touchpad (not that it matters too much since you should be using a mouse anyway).

I'm not sure how I answered "wrongly", Brett, since I provided a sub-$800 laptop which runs modern 3D games just fine.

He said he wanted a "good gaming laptop"....there just isnt one for that price....and no matter what you say...as an example you CANNOT play BF3 on Ultra...now can you ?

lahawzel

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
29ntdtu.gif

JamesBondage

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012

Hahah bretts funny.

Mabye he would be so kind as too look into my laptop question.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/76091-35-laptop-friends-autocad

If he did James would be grateful.

erikalikesfire

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
Brett, you say an $800 laptop will play games on low at best, which I guess is near true if you demand 60 fps at all times and restrict your domain to new, big publisher games. You also say that the Y570 is not a good laptop because it can't run the most demanding game on ultra. I don't think you have a solid grasp on what "good" means. He wants "a good laptop", not "the best laptop".

The Lenovo Y570 is a great find. It should run new games on medium at least, high or ultra depending on how smooth you like it.

No he did not want a "good laptop" he wanted a "good GAMING laptop"

erikalikesfire

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
I don't know what point you think you made with that so I'll just leave that one alone.

Well, we obviously have different opinions of what a "good gaming laptop" is. I think someone who comes asking for a good $800 gaming laptop wants a laptop that will play games as well as can be done for $800, while you apparently think... Now that I'm looking back, I can't actually tell what your advice is. You just keep saying an $800 laptop can't run the most demanding game on the highest possible settings, which no one ever implied, and no one has contested.

What is your advice, Brett? Get the $800 laptop, but know that its performance will be somewhere between running games on low at best and not being able to max out BF3?

lahawzel

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
Brett, the OP wanted a "gaming laptop", not "10kg gaming brick that has 20 minute battery life and has to be tethered to the wall all the time", which is what something that runs BF3 on Ultra is going to be.

The 555M plays most games at high detail settings just fine, and the i7-2670QM is a very good processor for productivity tasks. nVidia optimus also stretches the battery life to very nice durations when not gaming. I can get at least 60FPS on the medium presets, and on high 40~FPS is easily attainable, especially if you can properly configure FXAA instead of MSAA.

The only legitimate complaint I have about this laptop is the fact that the chassis is not metal, but I've had it for months and it does not show any signs of wear. It comes installed with bloatware, but not something a clean Win7 install can't fix.

samehhesham4

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
after watching some youtube vids the lenovo ideapad Y570 seems to be running games well and i don't want to run game on highest setting because i have my desktop afterall it'll be just a way to pass some time
just one more question, does techbargains.com ship to egypt?

Status
Not open for further replies.