duplicate emails

every time i receive new email, i get two of the same emails. how can i
rectify this problem? could it possibly be the settings on my computer or
outlook express. my computer has windows xp with outlook express.

thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about duplicate emails

    open OE, tools menu, accounts, and see if you have two identical accounts

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "riderx" <riderx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E175CBC2-D837-4920-9B9F-07D8489F09DF@microsoft.com...
    > every time i receive new email, i get two of the same emails. how can i
    > rectify this problem? could it possibly be the settings on my computer or
    > outlook express. my computer has windows xp with outlook express.
    >
    > thanks

    I am opened OE and checked to see if had two identical accounts and I did not
    have identical accounts. What else could it be?
    Thanks

    "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

    > open OE, tools menu, accounts, and see if you have two identical accounts
    >
    > --
    >
    > Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    > FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    > ..
    > "riderx" <riderx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E175CBC2-D837-4920-9B9F-07D8489F09DF@microsoft.com...
    > > every time i receive new email, i get two of the same emails. how can i
    > > rectify this problem? could it possibly be the settings on my computer or
    > > outlook express. my computer has windows xp with outlook express.
    > >
    > > thanks

    Are these Hotmail accounts?

    You need to force OE to create a file named pop3uidl.dbx. This is done by creating a second pop3 account, then re-synchronizing the
    Hotmail.

    --

    "riderx" <riderx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:995B1127-C386-463A-95E5-F326A4639737@microsoft.com...
    >I am opened OE and checked to see if had two identical accounts and I did not
    > have identical accounts. What else could it be?
    > Thanks
    >
    > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
    >
    >> open OE, tools menu, accounts, and see if you have two identical accounts
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    >> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    >> marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
    >> ..
    >> "riderx" <riderx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E175CBC2-D837-4920-9B9F-07D8489F09DF@microsoft.com...
    >> > every time i receive new email, i get two of the same emails. how can i
    >> > rectify this problem? could it possibly be the settings on my computer or
    >> > outlook express. my computer has windows xp with outlook express.
    >> >
    >> > thanks

    thanks, I'll try doing that

    "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

    > Are these Hotmail accounts?
    >
    > You need to force OE to create a file named pop3uidl.dbx. This is done by creating a second pop3 account, then re-synchronizing the
    > Hotmail.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    > FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    > ..
    > "riderx" <riderx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:995B1127-C386-463A-95E5-F326A4639737@microsoft.com...
    > >I am opened OE and checked to see if had two identical accounts and I did not
    > > have identical accounts. What else could it be?
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
    > >
    > >> open OE, tools menu, accounts, and see if you have two identical accounts
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    > >> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    > >> http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm