System backup and Bootdisks

I've been told that you don't need to create a back disk or a Boot disk in
XP. Is this true and how important is it to copy all my system drives and
files and so.???

--
I might be new to this new Hi-tech world of today, but i'm learning to
master it, at a mild pace. You only learn by asking and by asking, i'm

Assuming you have a retail version of XP, the CD is bootable and as such,
you don't need to create boot disks if you have such a version.

As to backup, I assume that is the reference to "back disk" in your post,
you always need to backup your data files to some media off your hard drive
because if the hard drive fails, you would lose anything not backed up.
Essentially, you should only need to back up your data as you should have
the disks for the operating system and any applications you've installed.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"the jambo" <thejambo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've been told that you don't need to create a back disk or a Boot disk in
> XP. Is this true and how important is it to copy all my system drives and
> files and so.???
>

> --
> I might be new to this new Hi-tech world of today, but i'm learning to
> master it, at a mild pace. You only learn by asking and by asking, i'm
> learning 'at my own pace'. A brave new world.

TRENDING THREADS