CD-RW READING AND WRITING PROBLEM

March 7, 2005 4:07:05 PM

Hey, I am having problems with my cd-rw , it won't read blank discs, it will
read pre-used discs but will not let me burn to or put any form of file or
music on to it.... gives a message " cannot copy files on to this cd-rom
drive... read only" , the cd-rw is a LG, HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8240B... anybody
have any ideas on how to fix this or why this is happening????
thanx to n e 1 who can help.....
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 6:23:37 PM

You can not drop files to a cd rom automatically. You need software such as
Nero Incd or Roxio Direct CD. It might be easier if you just create a data
disc and burn the files that way.

Newtechie

"ryper81" <ryper81@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey, I am having problems with my cd-rw , it won't read blank discs, it
will
> read pre-used discs but will not let me burn to or put any form of file or
> music on to it.... gives a message " cannot copy files on to this cd-rom
> drive... read only" , the cd-rw is a LG, HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8240B...
anybody
> have any ideas on how to fix this or why this is happening????
> thanx to n e 1 who can help.....
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 12:59:02 PM

hey, one thing I'm a little confused about is that this is only a recent
thing, ive been using the cd-rw for a year and a half and before now Ive been
able to do everything i needed it to, jus about 4 weeks ago it stopped
reading blank discs and not burning or saving......

"Newtechie" wrote:

> You can not drop files to a cd rom automatically. You need software such as
> Nero Incd or Roxio Direct CD. It might be easier if you just create a data
> disc and burn the files that way.
>
> Newtechie
>
> "ryper81" <ryper81@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hey, I am having problems with my cd-rw , it won't read blank discs, it
> will
> > read pre-used discs but will not let me burn to or put any form of file or
> > music on to it.... gives a message " cannot copy files on to this cd-rom
> > drive... read only" , the cd-rw is a LG, HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8240B...
> anybody
> > have any ideas on how to fix this or why this is happening????
> > thanx to n e 1 who can help.....

Anonymous
March 8, 2005 4:16:10 PM

Hey Ryper81,

Have you tried a system restore to a prior date to when it was working? The
downfall to that is that you'll lose any programs that you've installed
after that point.

!