Visor Serial pinout on the 8-pin connector on the bottom??

Tags:
July 11, 2005 9:56:50 AM

I'd like to hook my Handspring Visor to a GPS.
Need to know the Pin definitions for the 8-pin connector
on the bottom of the Visor.
Just to be clear, I don't need the info for the DB-9 on the end
of the sync cable. I want the pin definitions on the device itself.
I'd like all 8, but can live with just the serial pins.
Are there any other things I need to know?? Like maybe have to ground
a pin or add a resitor to let the Visor know I'm there like on the palm?

There have been conflicting discussions whether the signals are TTL or
RS-232 levels. I can deal with that, but knowing ahead of time would be
nice.

Please don't send me to a dead link. Google has already done
that plenty.
Thanks, mike
..
Wanted 12" LCD for Compaq Armada 7770MT.
MAKE THE OBVIOUS CHANGES TO THE LINK
July 11, 2005 11:54:09 AM

Perhaps too expensive for your application, but DataGet (www.dataget.com)
has an expansion module that provides full RS232 support.

Free software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com

"mike" <spamme0@netscape.net> wrote in message
> I'd like to hook my Handspring Visor to a GPS.
> Need to know the Pin definitions for the 8-pin connector
> on the bottom of the Visor.
> Just to be clear, I don't need the info for the DB-9 on the end
> of the sync cable. I want the pin definitions on the device itself.
> I'd like all 8, but can live with just the serial pins.
> Are there any other things I need to know?? Like maybe have to ground
> a pin or add a resitor to let the Visor know I'm there like on the palm?
>
> There have been conflicting discussions whether the signals are TTL or
> RS-232 levels. I can deal with that, but knowing ahead of time would be
> nice.
>
> Please don't send me to a dead link. Google has already done
> that plenty.
> Thanks, mike
> --
> Return address is VALID but some sites block emails
> with links. Delete this sig when replying.
> .
> Wanted, PCMCIA SCSI Card for HP m820 CDRW.
> FS 500MHz Tek DSOscilloscope TDS540 Make Offer
> Wanted 12" LCD for Compaq Armada 7770MT.
> Bunch of stuff For Sale and Wanted at the link below.
> MAKE THE OBVIOUS CHANGES TO THE LINK
> ht<removethis>tp://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Monitor/4710/

July 11, 2005 5:43:06 PM

Baxter wrote:
> Perhaps too expensive for your application, but DataGet (www.dataget.com)
> has an expansion module that provides full RS232 support.

Anything "not free" is too expensive ;-).
I'm trying desperately to find a use for this dinosaur.
Investing more $$ is out of the question.

But size is the big issue. Anything that I've seen
that plugs into the bottom makes it impossible to
stick it in your pocket (and have it survive long term).
I've just about decided to drill a hole and run a wire out the top.

And I finally did find the pinout. Was in the 1,235th google hit.
mike

..