Can I revert back to XP Home from Pro without losing insta..

A friend thought he would do me a 'favour' whilst fixing my PC by installing
a pirate copy of XP Pro over my original version of XP Home & SP1. Can I
revert to Home without losing programs/documents installed since, and how do
I do it? I have the original instalation disc.

You can only return to Windows XP Home Edition by
reformatting your drive and perform a "clean install"
of Windows XP Home. Afterward, you'll have to reinstall
all your programs.

Clean Install Windows XP

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP