Hoping to get a little help here. There's hundreds of laptop ratings online, but I'm having trouble narrowing them all down to what I'm specifically looking for. My biggest concern is under-spending and not getting enough juice. If I have to much, oh well, at least the laptop will last longer. Mainly looking for a portable 15" laptop to be used for things like Adobe Lightroom, Photoshop, and some video editing:
1. What is your budget? $0-$1100
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Probably ~15", don't want any smaller but could go larger
3. What screen resolution do you want? nothing "below average"
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable
5. How much battery life do you need? I don't even know anymore... I'm used to about 30 minutes on my old Dell Inspiron. If I could get something that would last a long plane ride I'd probably be happy... 4+ hrs?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? I don't plan to play any games on my laptop
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Photo editing with Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop. I would also like to get into video editing with my new camera, although I'm not sure what program I'll be using for that. Nothing to crazy.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? From what I've seen every new laptop has plenty. I use external HDs and cloud storage a lot.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. N/A, I'm flexible
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? A DVD writer would be nice, but I'm not against one of those "ultrabooks" that don't have a drive (if one fits in my price range and meets other criteria)
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Just looking for a brand with high ratings from everyone, I'm not partial to any.
13. What country do you live in? U.S.A.
Anyways, thanks in advance for any recommendations. It will be a big help for me while I'm researching and browsing different models.