rundll32.exe and explorer.exe freezes

I am running XP Home Edition with Adaware, Spyware Blaster, Zone Alarm
firewall and Norton Anti-Virus. Despite all that, a program called View
Manager got in along with some Brilliant Digital and AltNet malware. I
believe I have gotten rid of all the junk but the residual effect is
rundll32.exe and explorer.exe freezes. The rundll32 freeze occurs when
I access Internet Properties and try to clear the History button. The
system hangs and when I go to Control/Alt/Delete, I get a listing of
running processes. When I try to close that window, I get an error
message that rundll32.exe is not responding and I have to hit End Task.
Similarly when I go to Task Bar and Start Menu Properties and then try
to close that window, I get a message stating explorer.exe is not
responding and I again have to use End Task. I should add that the last
Adaware and Norton scans are clear and I have run both of those with
System Restore disabled. Can anyone help?

--
dopnal66

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509