2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15" to 17" preferably 17.
3. What screen resolution do you want? 1900 x 1200
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? It's for school, but it's for a computer systems tech course so it doesn't really need to be portable.
5. How much battery life do you need? 1-2 hours will be plugged in.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? WoW Ultra, LoL High settings, Not really a computer fps player.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
For a 3 year Computer Systems technology course at college.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500GB min.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
BD ROM, writer is a bonus
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Open to suggestion
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I'd recommend either an HP dv7 Quad edition with the 7690M (plus any upgrades you like) or a Toshiba Qosmio 17.3 in notebook
Both have discounts if you know where to look (eg Techbargains)
Also, Toshiba offers a massive discount if you have a VISA card
(Google VISA card discounts and search the VISA site for Toshiba discounts)
Is this a "But, Dad, the University says we have to get at least this level of laptop."
A $400 laptop with a DVD drive, printer port and an internet port would do most everything you would need unless all of your books are on DVD in which case you would probably want a larger HDD. And if you DO squeeze a printer out of Dad, you can buy one with USB ports.