Another quick question

chief

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2002

OK I have a Skullclamp and a Wirewood herald. I clamp the Herald, do I
draw the cards off the skullclamp first or do I go search for an elf
first?
I say to search for the elf first than you draw the cards? Am i wrong?

> OK I have a Skullclamp and a Wirewood herald. I clamp the Herald, do I
> draw the cards off the skullclamp first or do I go search for an elf
> first?
> I say to search for the elf first than you draw the cards? Am i wrong?

Wirewood Herald
{1}{G}
Creature -- Elf
1/1
When Wirewood Herald is put into a graveyard from play, you may search your
library for an Elf card, reveal that card and put it into your hand. If you
do, shuffle your library.

Skullclamp
{1}
Artifact -- Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/-1.
When equipped creature is put into a graveyard, draw two cards.
Equip 1 (1: Attach to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery.
This card comes into play unattached and stays in play if the creature
leaves play.)

Both effects trigger when the Herald is put in the graveyard. You
control both cards, so you can arrange the order of the triggered effects on
the stack whichever way you want.

On 12 Nov 2004 09:24:18 -0800, Chief <snu0037@aol.com> wrote:
>OK I have a Skullclamp and a Wirewood herald. I clamp the Herald, do I
>draw the cards off the skullclamp first or do I go search for an elf
>first?
>I say to search for the elf first than you draw the cards? Am i wrong?

Wirewood Herald 1G Creature - Elf
1/1 When ~ is put into a graveyard from play, you may search your library for
an Elf card, reveal that card and put it into your hand. If you do, shuffle
your library.
Skullclamp 1 Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/-1. / When equipped creature is put into a
graveyard, draw two cards. / Equip 1 (*)

You are half right. You may do it in that order, or in the other order. Both
abilities trigger off the Herald going to the graveyard from play; usually
both abilities are controlled by the same player. Both are trying to go onto
the stack at the same time. So in this case you use 410.3 and find that you
choose which order to put them on the stack in (and of course they resolve
top to bottom, so resolve in reverse order than they were put on in).

Dave