Searching for a Laptop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oixide

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
1. What is your budget? $1,000

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15"

3. What screen resolution do you want? High Definition (720p+)

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop Replacement (Will rarely use portably)

5. How much battery life do you need?

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

High, I will play games such as:

League of Legends
Guild Wars 2
Minecraft
Skyrim
Starcraft II
Team Fortress 2
Left For Dead
CounterStrike Source
Fallout: New Vegas

(Looking to run these games of Medium- 40-50+ FPS) Basically I need a good graphics card that will run most current games on Medium. (I'm not a maxed out guy)

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Mostly Pure Gaming, Small amounts of Video editing

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500GB-1TB

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. I am open to mostly anything. (More so big name brands)

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 2-3+ years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD ROM

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I would like to stick with big brand names. (Dell, Acer, Asus, ect)

13. What country do you live in? USA

Hello Oixide;

The GT 525M is just an entry level graphics card. In the $1000 class of laptop you really should be looking a higher graphics card like a GeForce GT 550M or Radeon HD 7690M.
It's a much better CPU/GPU balance for gaming.

Oixide

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011

Thank you for your suggestion. I have updated my post to the games I usually play, ect. Will this graphics card be good for games like that? Also will the graphics card run games in the next year or two?

Also I'm willing to go up 100-200$ more, is there any model similar that has an upgraded graphics card? Besides that I like the rest of the specs for the machine, is there any models with higher GHz as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS