USB 2.0 and XP pro

March 7, 2005 8:53:02 PM

Does anybody know of a way to test my USB ports to see if they are 2.0? I
thought that they were, but when I plugged in a Sony digital camera, I
received a message that I would get better performance if I pluged the camera
into a 2.0 port.
I am using XP pro SP2.
Thanks in advance,
Steve

More about : usb pro

March 7, 2005 9:17:04 PM

"Steve W" wrote:

> Does anybody know of a way to test my USB ports to see if they are 2.0? I
> thought that they were, but when I plugged in a Sony digital camera, I
> received a message that I would get better performance if I pluged the camera
> into a 2.0 port.
> I am using XP pro SP2.
> Thanks in advance,
> Steve

Open "device manager" if under the USB listing to says "enhanced" then you
have USB2 if it doesn't then you have USB 1.1
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 10:30:05 PM

It's very possible that your computer (which you don't
describe, i.e. processor, how old it is, etc.) has both
USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 ports. In many cases (no pun
intended) the USB 2.0 ports are on the front of the system
unit with USB 1.1 ports on the back.

Good Luck !

Anonymous
March 8, 2005 1:13:22 AM

Some motherboards have usb 1 and usb 2. Try plugging the camera into
different usb ports. You may have some on the front as well as at the rear
of the case.

!