USB 2.0 and XP pro

Does anybody know of a way to test my USB ports to see if they are 2.0? I
thought that they were, but when I plugged in a Sony digital camera, I
received a message that I would get better performance if I pluged the camera
into a 2.0 port.
I am using XP pro SP2.
Thanks in advance,
Steve
3 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    "Steve W" wrote:

    > Does anybody know of a way to test my USB ports to see if they are 2.0? I
    > thought that they were, but when I plugged in a Sony digital camera, I
    > received a message that I would get better performance if I pluged the camera
    > into a 2.0 port.
    > I am using XP pro SP2.
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Steve

    Open "device manager" if under the USB listing to says "enhanced" then you
    have USB2 if it doesn't then you have USB 1.1

    It's very possible that your computer (which you don't
    describe, i.e. processor, how old it is, etc.) has both
    USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 ports. In many cases (no pun
    intended) the USB 2.0 ports are on the front of the system
    unit with USB 1.1 ports on the back.

    Good Luck !

    Some motherboards have usb 1 and usb 2. Try plugging the camera into
    different usb ports. You may have some on the front as well as at the rear
    of the case.

    "Steve W" <SteveW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Does anybody know of a way to test my USB ports to see if they are 2.0? I
    > thought that they were, but when I plugged in a Sony digital camera, I
    > received a message that I would get better performance if I pluged the
    > camera
    > into a 2.0 port.
    > I am using XP pro SP2.
    > Thanks in advance,